Buying in Frankston North

The whole of Frankston is changing. There are alot of new developments and Frankston North is part of all that. The blocks in there are quite large and as developers move in there, I can see alot of the old houses being bull dozed and new properties put in their place.

I'm not sure of the exact developments happening in that region of Frankston, but I am aware that council is investing alot of money there to lift its image.

As the appearance changes, so to will the prices and the people residing there. I saw this happen in Heidelberg many years ago, when they started bull dozing the commission homes and building new ones, the prices escalated considerably and at one stage was worth more than Macleod. I am not sure how they fare now and as an excercise, I might investigate that.

The part of Heidelberg that I am referring to was so bad, that when you drove through there, you would pray that your car didn't break down.

As with any run down area, when developers and council decide to revamp an area, change will occur and old attitudes will change and people who can no longer afford to live there, move on.

Don't listen entirely to real estate agents, ring the council or get on their website and find out exactly what is going on in that region. I have mainly invested in Frankston South, so unfortunately I am not really answering your question. But I do believe that before you buy a property, you should know as much or more than the agent, then when you buy, you can rest with your decision, knowing that it is right for you.

If I had listened to real estates, I would not have made the money I have. Trust no one, listen alot, study alot and then, and only then make your move.

I am passionate about Frankston and believe it has a long way to go yet.

This is a job, and for me has become a way of life, study and enjoy.

Toni;)

Frankston as a whole has a great future but I am not certain about the time it will take to get there.

Has anyone any info on the new marina that has been talked about for so many years now?

I rang two weeks ago and was told the same old thing (any day now, we should get confirmation from the government). The problem is, once they receive this confirmation, it will not be released to the press until it is discussed at a council meeting. This is usually held at the beginning of the month.

Time and time again they have assured me it is as good as done, but until that confirmation is rec'd.... We just have to wait.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help

Toni

Is Frankston North still over-run by druggies?

Last time I was in Frankston central, it reminded me of Dandenong. Lots of scum about. :eek:

I used to live in Dandenong many years ago, and I hated it.

Frankston Central is becoming quite expensive and in time this will push alot of these types out to other areas. As for Frankston North. Frankston North is Frankston North, hence why it is still very affordable.

However, It is a beach side suburb and in time everyone who has mocked and ridiculed Frankston for its image, will be kicking themselves wishing they had bought in when it was a down and out suburb.

Look at past history with other run down suburbs that everyone turned their noses up at; Port Melbourne (at one stage you would be scared to walk the streets in this suburb), Williamstown, Heidelberg, even Coburg. The list goes on. I am sure you guys could add quite a few to my list. I am fairly young in the investment game.

Don't get caught up on the whole image thing. Look at where it is and what it has to offer. This is how you make your money. It's too late when the ugly ducking becomes a beautiful swan. Everyone wants the beautiful swan, but it's the ugly duckling that will make you rich.:D

Happy Investing.

Toni

Last edited:
So where exactly will the scum in Frankston North get pushed out too? Cranbourne? There isn't many places left that are cheap...

Frankston North is in a great location, pity a developer can't just bulldoze the lot and start again!

i lived in fr.north now for 2 yrs and i absolutely love it! ... close to the beach and i can walk to all the places i need to go ... postoffice,pharmacist,pizza,chineesee food , aldi , iga , petrol station..... cheeseecake shop! , macdonnalds!

to be honest with you ... i get a bit concernd when i have to go to frankston central ... 3 km from seaford beach! and 2km from eastlink....

the only thing i regret is that i should have bought 2 when they were in the 170's price range or even 80k some time ago .. imagine the profit! :)

soo yay for frankston North!

Do you think people will start knocking down places and building townhouses in Franga North?

I'm not so sure i'd want to buy one of those old commission houses, some don't look like they have another 10yrs in them.

Also, why did the Government put all those little fences across the front and inbetween the properties?

Why does Sammy Newman (an old fossill in my view) decide to do his first street talk in Frankston?

Is it the easy drive down Beach Rd/Nepean Hwy or is it because all the gems live in Nth Frankston?

Why does Sammy Newman (an old fossill in my view) decide to do his first street talk in Frankston?

Is it the easy drive down Beach Rd/Nepean Hwy or is it because all the gems live in Nth Frankston?

Hi Toony,

I think Sammy hand picks the gems to highlight his plight against Frankston, for whatever reason, I don't know, but then again, we all know this is what he does best.

I noticed the letter being read out by an outraged mother because her son was not being aired, which they later showed. A handsome young lad! A little more respectable than the people he had chosen to air.

Toni

I am being a little cheeky. As frankston is a large area, the no so good gets lumped with the whole. I have family in Frankston and really like the place myself. The image of the place and facilities are improving daily.

I work in Camberwell and drive via Ashwood. Ashwood looks dodgy, a lot of housing commission and only early this week some Ashwood dude was done driving without a licence and had over 80 demerit points. You loose your licence after getting 12 demerit points. Ashwood is near Chadstone, Ashburton and Mt Waverly, Glen Waverley. I assume this area is improving, if not, these dudes probably have many places to congregate eg. Chady, Mt Waverley, the Glen etc unlike those in Frankston who just go to Central Frankston.

I dont think Ashwood drives these other areas down. Maybe we should ask for a name change from Nth Frankston to pensville or carrumford or upper seaford. The propertry prices in Frankston will hit the roof.

Horray for Upper Seaford! :) that sounds classy!

silly that 300m from my house the asking price is 100k higher .. and it looks the same and taste the same ... all is 3199 and not 3200.... silly if you ask me...

citizen of upper seaford.

Now i'd be more than happy to buy into Upper Seaford!
Why doesn't the Council invest some money into this area. Plant some street trees on every nature strip. Make the parks look a bit nicer.......

What's the general opinion about buying an IP in Frankston North.

See this thread: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20679

Yardneys comments are still ringing in my ears.

and btw I did check the place out - flew down & drove around.....its a real eye opener - and not the nice kind.

I felt the location was perfect and had the same thoughts as Aussie Battler "Frankston North is in a great location, pity a developer can't just bulldoze the lot and start again!" My wife and I seriously discussed this. What if we could get enough finance to buy every house there, evict all the ppl and start again?

Apologies to the residents there who also visit here on SS.....but I can dream.

Aimjoy

apologies to all you .... but you sir are john howard the 2. now dont you have an election to loose? typical stuck up ******* from NSW.. you think you are all that eh?

i find that comment very offensive and well sure if you offer me 600k i'll sell my house .... but insulting everyone in frankston north in one go is just too much ..why not buldoze springvale noble park etc. i bet there is even buildings in toorak that needs buldozing! but the say a whole naighbourhood is a bad one .... yes you can dream and so can i .. now be so nice to be the first casualty on eastlink mmmkay! .. thats my dream! or

i wonder why frankston north has gone up the way it has? is that because people can see the great things about frankston north? surely there is some houses ready to be torn down but so is there in seaford and all the other naighbourhoods .. unless we talk about plastic delphin suburbs which spring up overnight.

frankston north is where i choose to live mmkay its a great place and eastlink has only made it better... cut my time to work from 35 mins to 19 !.

angrily yours

GG jr.

Back