Buying in Mount Gravatt East Brisbane

I was in Mount Gravatt East, this last week, spoke to a few REA's and walked/coffee'd the area to get a feel for it. Most agents were consistently saying the suburb was 'going gangbusters' these last couple of months.

(But of course, when do estate agents NOT say their suburb territory is through the roof, regardless of market conditions??).

Anyhow, I can't speak for houses in the suburb but in terms of units / TH's / villas, from the SQM data, onthe house listings (I use it for sales dates, NOT prices of course!) The numbers do seem to stack up. I checked out the BCC flood maps too (the suburb is quite hilly, as the suburb name kinda suggests!) But it checks out pretty well. A couple of valley pockets to avoid but anything even slightly elevated might be worth a look.

Decent amenity in terms of buses (trains a bit further thoigh), well reviewed high schools (according to Homely, some high schools in the area are starting to get the 'Chinese school catchment' effect - PM me if you dont kbow what i mean by this - which is always a sign that schools in an area are performing well...)

Been spending a lot of time in Brisbane these last few months getting to know the suburbs. This area looks pretty solid. Returns are pretty good i think if you buy well. Perhaps not for houses - though as i said, I wasnt looking at this kind of stock - but older units and TH's had pretty sweet gross returns based on rough calculations I did. That said, I think CG is more the play though, in an area like this...

Back