buying in queensland

Im looking at buying in QLD (from NSW) and a bit confused in differences

I asked for a copy of the contract - few agents said there still organising it (though auctions in a week?)

Ones ive recieved do not have a title search or council search

Is this normal

or do i need to chase up with the agents

Thanks

I've only bought one property in Qld so I don't have much experience, but their contracts don't really have much in them at all. You sign before thinking and have your solicitor put in a due diligence clause for you to them chase up searches, sewer diagrams etc. if you decide to pull out for whatever reason within that time frame there's no penalty or costs, other than those for your independent searches.

Ahh, so were expected to do our own searches, but sign contract with a due diligence clause.

Wonder how it works for auctions

I've only bought one property in Qld so I don't have much experience, but their contracts don't really have much in them at all. You sign before thinking and have your solicitor put in a due diligence clause for you to them chase up searches, sewer diagrams etc. if you decide to pull out for whatever reason within that time frame there's no penalty or costs, other than those for your independent searches.

There is a cost 0.25% of purchase cost. See link: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/housing-...e/making-an-offer-on-a-home/contract-of-sale/

But our finance clause in QLD is so broad that you would not use the Cooling off and then there is no penalty

Happy to supply copy of a contract if you give me an email address via pm etc

But our finance clause in QLD is so broad that you would not use the Cooling off and then there is no penalty

Happy to supply copy of a contract if you give me an email address via pm etc

Take up this offer and complete as much of the detail as possible before submitting offer, agent can fill in vendors details etc if you don't have them.

Allows you to also make multiple offers with different conditions for the same property.

Make sure you list you legal representative on the contract and fill in the finance clause and the offer expiry date correctly.

You can do it all with no pressure from the agent.

Have purchased many QLD properties in this manner.

Good luck

The agent should be able to provide a contract for the purchase of property, and in most instances should really have it on display at the property during open homes and inspections.

Thanks,

Sorry for the late reply,

Still a little confused.

So what do i look for when buying a property in QLD?

I know in NSW I mainly look at the title search, section 149 and sewer diagrams. What's the difference and equivalence in QLD?
Do we need to search this or do the agents usually have a copy for potential buyers?
Also i heard about a sustainable report? notsure what it is though

Yeah I'm curious about this too... What if all you have in the contract is subject to building and pest plus finance and then it comes back and there is easement running through the middle of the property... can you then cancel the contract without penalty and get you deposit back?

well in sydney (where i'm the road from the properties) don't even bother inspecting until i have seen the section 149, sewage and title search

Seller does not have to provide anything with the contract.

BUT if they don't disclose encumbrance that will remain on the title at settlement (eg no need to disclose mortgage) that is a defect at title and you can terminate up to 2 business days before settlement.

We have building and pest and finance conditions that let you terminate and get your whole deposit back with no penalty. As long as you have made reasonable attempts to apply for finance you don't need to be reasonable about accepting the offer and can terminate.

Seller does not have to provide anything with the contract.

BUT if they don't disclose encumbrance that will remain on the title at settlement (eg no need to disclose mortgage) that is a defect at title and you can terminate up to 2 business days before settlement.

We have building and pest and finance conditions that let you terminate and get your whole deposit back with no penalty. As long as you have made reasonable attempts to apply for finance you don't need to be reasonable about accepting the offer and can terminate.

What about easement? If that's not disclosed and it's running through the middle, can you terminate the contract without penalty?

Back