Buying in the USA

Hi All,

Thinking about buying an IP in the USA.

Can you suggest a good accountant and lawyer with experience in this.

What are your thoughts about process and pitfalls?

Which city?

What price point?

Thanks.

this topic has been done over many times.

Simply thinking "that's a good idea" is not enough. How much research (thought) have you done?

Hi All,

Thinking about buying an IP in the USA.

Can you suggest a good accountant and lawyer with experience in this.

What are your thoughts about process and pitfalls?

Which city?

What price point?

Thanks.

How about Canada?
We have a 11 unit apartment building and a single family house we might be willing to part with.If you are interested, PM me.

I'd suggest you have a good read of the following thread:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18101

Good grief. Wonder what happened to that guy and his properties? He wrote this (#127) in 2005 :eek:

"The properties (old and new) are half to two thirds rented, but are being put back on track. I'll be showing a real loss for last financial year (as opposed to the tax loss I was expecting) but I'm certain that the worst is over. I expect positive cashflow for August and profitability for September onward."

(my bold print)

That thread is very interesting - but very old (pre-GFC)

Does anyone have any recent experiences to share?

word on the bullion forum i use . don't touch with a barge pole .prices still falling and foreclosures up the amount of stock not being put on the market is huge .they are all expecting another leg down for us property .

looks like they starting to fall here now too .too many for sale not enough buyers . plus if we get another run down in the stocks so people get margin calls might be some more stock added .this coupled with increasing living and mortgage costs.. .. will be interesting to see it play out .

i have land as a things go wrong situation but out of all markets housing and stock atm . happy with the return from bank and the bullion doing its job nicely .

Back