buying interstate - BRISBANE/QLD

hi everyone,

i am a new member. Am looking for likeminded people who know about investing in Brisbane/Qld or who live in nsw and are confident interstate investors.

am hoping to find some value/bargain IPs there and have started doing research.

Can anyone suggest what is best in their experience - just flying there and doing research on the spot or follow a more systematic approach like:

buy residex reports (the likes of qld top 100 capital growth)
identify target suburbs
identify a few properties to inspect etc and then fly over?

by the way, my friend and i are looking for more people to pool together to buy qld top 100 capital growth report. please contact me if you're in sydney and want to share the cost. the copy cost $185 and would love to share it with no more than 5 people (first in best dressed) :)

look forward to reading any comments/suggestions

sky

Im not sure how Residex would feel about you copying their reports, its actually doing them out of income. Not good.

brains,

u've got a point! However, i did not imply copying the report, rather sharing the information in a discussion meeting format with fellow interstate investors.

it's good i got your feedback because i obviously miscommunicated myself in the previous posting.

cheers:)

sky

sky, i get your point but why would people want to spend money to share info in a meeting?

Sky,

I have 5 IPs in Qld. I always find buying interstate is easier as there is nothing like a dead line of 4 days to get one moving and inspecting properties.

Also a helpful real estate agent is good. I tend to talk to the rental people as they know the things renters are looking for and can give me a rundown on sitting tenants.

Please feel free to contact me via the members list. Your email address has "does not want to be contacted" on it.

Stirling

pulleeeaaase, I can't believe this Brisbane hype.
If you are that keen, get off your butt, jump on a plane and spend a couple of weeks not days,,,,,
what ?
you can't afford that ?
And how much are you intending to invest ?

craig.
(not intending any disrespect)

Back