Buying Live-in property in Western Sydney

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a home in western suburbs of Sydney. After some research, settled for below suburbs that fall under my budget considering other factors like schools etc. Would like to hear suggestions/feedback from forum members.

Also another dilemma is whether to go for an established house or new home & land package. The prices for new home+land package look ridiculous to me at the moment. Not sure if it is worth spending on smaller block of land for a new home or get a bigger block with established home. Suggestions welcome.

Budget : $600K - $670K
Preferred Suburbs : Greystanes, Quakers Hill
Less preferred suburbs : Seven hills, Toongabbie, Blacktown

Welcome..

If you purchase this for IP, I will not recommend it since the price already up.

But this is for live in, I personally like Blacktown. In fact we almost purchase IP in that suburb, but we decide to go to westmead.
Every suburb had bad & good street. But all suburb listed will good in long run imho

And also find properties that you can add value into it. Even if you don't have the budget now, you can do reno/subdivison in the future.

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a home in western suburbs of Sydney. After some research, settled for below suburbs that fall under my budget considering other factors like schools etc. Would like to hear suggestions/feedback from forum members.

Also another dilemma is whether to go for an established house or new home & land package. The prices for new home+land package look ridiculous to me at the moment. Not sure if it is worth spending on smaller block of land for a new home or get a bigger block with established home. Suggestions welcome.

Budget : $600K - $670K
Preferred Suburbs : Greystanes, Quakers Hill
Less preferred suburbs : Seven hills, Toongabbie, Blacktown

Its a PPOR? If it is, i'd go for an older block unless you're a first home buyer - then i'd trade-off the benefit against the additional cost.

The Western area may have had its run already as part of this cycle - so you're unlikely to see too much movement in the short run.

Cheers,
Redom

Back