Buying Paints? Sydney

Hi guys,

Do you guys know where i could get cheap indoor and outdoor paints?
I got 2 BIG IP that i want to paint and Bunnings would only offer a 10% discount...which to me isn't a good deal.

Any advice/recommendation ( feel free to recommend your own business) would be appreciated :)

Regards
Michael

I use petersham paint world.

I pay around $120 for 20lt can of wattyl.

It's a small world - I know the family well.

PS they have another store out at Merrylands called Paint Place 9897 0400 I am sure they will do a good deal for you. Address Shop 1, Cnr Merrylands & Fowler Roads, MERRYLANDS

Almost every trade store does a cash account even for randoms that walk in the door, so if youre ever in a fix, just take your license etc in and sign up on the spot. Tell them you're a handyman or something, its fine. My discount is something like 40% off retail and I barely use a few drums a year.

That being said, $120 for 20L of wattyl is cheap as. In darwin the retail price on that was $220 last time I bought it, with Bunnings being more than that if I remember correctly ($260?)

I often buy discounted mistints from Bunning.
In IP's I don't really care what colour it is as long as its light so mistints are my favourites.

On the South side of Sydney I buy paints and concrete sealers from Roufas Discount Paints 162 William Street, Earlwood Ph:9787 3265.

There is also the Bargain warehouse which sells expired paints on 1340 Canterbury Rd, Punchbowl Ph: 97593835

BV - i was looking at the mistints range, and as you said correctly color is not an issue for IP.

Expired paint? ummm dont think i want to go down that road...i would hate for it fade after a few years :(

Regards
Michael

BV - i was looking at the mistints range, and as you said correctly color is not an issue for IP.
Mick

Some Bunning stores have a good range of mistints and others have none so you've got to keep looking.
If a colour is a bit dark you can always buy white paint and mix it all up.

I also use leftover paints and make nice coctails. ;)
The annoying thing is the paints buckets which start to rust after a year or so but I steal my wife's old stockings and use them as a filter to remove dirt and lumps of paint.

This method works very well.

Expired paint? ummm dont think i want to go down that road...i would hate for it fade after a few years :(

It won't fade, just buy good quality paint and you'll be alright. We usually buy the Dulux 101 or similar which we can easily wash so if there are no dents on the wall we don't paint, we only wash the walls and they come up well

IMO mistint is worst paint ever.

I use to use this in early days, you end up with too many cans in your garage and hard to repaint/repair the rooms.

I use now one colour one can. Same paint on every proeprty walls roof and architraves.

One can in garage also. Saves you paint becuase you dont have all 5lt left overs also...

Look into the numbers of this :)

Same paint on every property walls roof and architraves.
Not a bad idea. If you do this you can also spray paint the whole house and finish in 1 day.
I have to say though that women don't like the single colour look. I recently tried to spray paint the house we've been renovating but my wife didn't approve so we changed it to 3 colours

Nathan - Not a bad idea! will def consider one paint and one color...
Lucky i dont have all my IP in one area/suburb else it would look slightly freaky:)

Outside use a trim colour for windows and gutters etc.

I use the same colour for eaves as I do inside the house its called whisper white.

Even with the one colour and the same sheen level you can still run into problems.

We have found that the same sheen level can alter even though it is the same manufacturer. This is particularly annoying when you go back to a place 2 years later to touch it up and find that paint is right color but sheen level is slightly off.

Cheers

Back