Buying Property through Aviate Group

I used them for a unit thats settling in December. so far so good. Their MD Neil really knows his stuff and they seem to be very selective with the stock they recommend. keep in mind they only do OTP so its not for everyone. There are many pros and cons for OTP as you will find on this forum however i wanted to experience it myself and come to my own conclusion. PM me if you want to discuss further

nothing wrong that I know of, I havent done anything with them, so cant comment.

We only rarely get involved on the property "selection" side of the transaction

ta
rolf

I have had clients who have used them, they seem to be selective in their properties they 'sell' and they claim they can track the capital growth of these properties over time, nothing that any other property company has been able to claim that I have come across.

The recent property completed was OTP and unfortunate delays in completion due to planning issues so over 2 years late but valuation stacked up so can only be positive from that aspects. I also agree their MD seemed particularly experienced and knowledgeable. They are on an large aggregator panel which would not be easy so they have some credibility from that perspective.

Every property selling company I have come across claims to have a 10 or 12 or 32 or 50 point criteria but how useful this is a point to be debated. They are paid by the developer so in theory no additional cost to you and it is disclosed. Is it much different to a real estate salesman getting paid from a sale? Try and see.

They look class (webpage/marketing) and are large in size. The owner seems to know his stuff too.

Nonetheless, they ONLY sell OTP, and the developer pays them. So, its hard to say who they're actually working for (are they just real estate agents?).

I'd be careful about the incentives.

Also i'd be looking carefully at unit supply in individual suburbs/localities. Large parts of Australian capitals are seeing surges in unit supply which slows growth down.

they get a commission of 2.5% from developer. i would prefer using a Buyers agent

if you really want or need to buy an off the plan unit then you can use a buyers advocate for the purchase. We and most BA's wouldn't recommend off the plan properties to clients but occasionally a client has very specific needs such as proximity to hospital, ground floor, door width etc or non resi investor etc that off the plan is the only option.

What we do and I am sure some other BA's do as well is approach the developer for the sales fee and have it paid to the buyer, so if we charge 2.5% for this type of transaction and the developer pays 2.5% our service is in effect free to the client. occasionally the commission will be 5-6% and the buyer pays our 2.5% and keeps the rest.

So you can have a BA who is looking at all properties that meet your criteria not just the ones they are selling like a marketeer. You can in effect have the service for free and on occasion actually be paid to use the BA.

As I said certainly not our normal investment type but if you have to or want to go down that path there certainly is a massive difference in price and quality of OTP stock, In Brisbane you can buy apartments in massive towers in the CBD or buy in small unit blocks of 4-14 only 4-8Kms from the city with developers with a good reputation, if I had too buy OTP i know what I would be buying.

Regards

Back