buying without agent

Hi there,

Need a quick advise from you experts !

I came to know of a house for sale by the owner. The owner had a engaged a RE agent to sell the house but as I have personal contact with the owner we had talks without going through the agent at any stage. I would like to make an offer and the owner is also keen as it would mean savings for on the commission as the sale wasnt brokered thru the agent.

I would like to seek advise on how to proceed with such a sale without agent - property checks , contracts etc .. would a solicitor be able to handle all the stuffs ?

Thanks a lot !!!

TKC

Hi there,
I would like to seek advise on how to proceed with such a sale without agent - property checks , contracts etc .. would a solicitor be able to handle all the stuffs ?

TKC
Yes a solicitor can handle it.
Regarding the agent's commision, be careful because if you saw the property through the web using the agent's listing or you've contacted the agent for details he could still claim his commision

Yes a solicitor can handle it.
Regarding the agent's commision, be careful because if you saw the property through the web using the agent's listing or you've contacted the agent for details he could still claim his commision

Just curious how the agent could prove you saw the property thru the web?
Either way, it is still the seller who pays the commision.

Ofcourse it is, I was just pointing it out in case the seller and buyer thought the agent was stupid....

Hi, thanks for the advice. I got to know the property thru a neighbour of the owner. It is however listed in the web tho' but i have never made any contact with the agent. !!

cheers

Hi, thanks for the advice. I got to know the property thru a neighbour of the owner. It is however listed in the web tho' but i have never made any contact with the agent. !!

cheers
Then you will have no problems,just wait till the listing runs out with the RE,then just make an offer on paper through your legal people,the agent name is not on the title deed..good luck
willair..imho,,

Back