Buying without pest and building inspection

Is it true that if you inform the selling agent of problems from the pest/building report then they must disclose it to others intending to purchase? I nearly bought a house in St Clair a few years back and looked pretty good on the face of it. Report came back with extensive termite damage and recommendations were to pull it down. The agent then told prospective buyers and it eventually sold for land value.

When we bought our PPOR in Sydney, the agent didn't disclose... I asked directly if the reason a previous offer fell through was because of termites, and said no. But the owner told us about it at a later date, and there were active termites in yard, and evidence of previous infestation in house.
But that was 10 years ago.. maybe things have changed.
Pen

Never buy a property without an Inspection

I cannot stress enough the importance of having an independent building and pest inspection done. The few hundred dollars is costs to have this report done could save you thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars in repair or rebuild if necessary. It may seem fine on the outside but there may be structural, electrical, plumbing or even pest issues with are unseen on the surface.

Back