Caesar stone verses granite benchtops, who the expert here???

Oh, ok.

Yes, as I understand it most building materials emit some measure of gas.

I think that the synthetic rivals of granite and marble have taken it a step further and are actively using this as a persuasive tool (fear) to buy their products.

hahaha, i could ask you to post up some peer reviewed marketing material on such, but i'm not feeling petty.

marble is a shocker. ever spilled gatorade on the stuff?

Any natural stone that has a high calcium content is going to react badly to acids (like any fizzy drink) - marble is full of fossils usually so I imagine its a sedimentary sea-floor thing and would be very high calcium. Granite would be a silicate volcanic rock? I'm not that good with rocks :)

I'm getting dejected with this thread...half of you have me dead in 12 months if i go with granite..lol

I'm now leaning towards 316 stainless at this rate...

So granite looks good but it will kill you

Caesar is a poor mans choice for a quality kitchen and still has some negatives

The other I wont touch...

Oh dear...such a dilema!

Oh dear...such a dilema!

Just get what you like and don't worry about the fine print.
Its not as bad as some people make it sound.
Even stainless steel will scratch.
No material is perfect and it doesn't have to be.
If you look after it it will last

pain in the butt to cut....just a tad harder than granite!

you have to use 32mpa concrete to get the best effect.

actually did this a few years ago, pretty simple procedure but we had two goes to get it right...its cheap to do but i dont want to do it again, looking for a different feel this time.

concrete cost is very minimal....issue however is weight, damm difficult to work with even with a half a dozen blokes if the slab is too large.

way easier to setup the formwork on the slab of a new home being build handy to the kitchen.

setup form work to the correct sizes- use 32mpa concrete meshed up correctly, allow 40mm clearance or so inside the boxing.

this type of application you need to vibrate to remove any air pockets, very noticeable on the sides if its not done right after splitting the form work when its set.

40-60 mm thickness for the bench wont really affect the stone too much dropping using a vibrator.

use 10mm aggregate and various river stones to obtain optimal results.....you can have the mix boney or not, its up to you.

rest is pretty basic like the above.....get your polisher in the finish off when its fitted up

tip: tripple check form size....nightmare to obtain a real quality cut otherwise using just a standard diamond saw if angles are involved...

personally i would chose between Ceasarstone or Granite.

I would probably chose Ceasarstone for it's strength and better joins, and being man-made means repairs are easy.

Granite is very pleasing on the eyes though!!

I like ceaserstone. Using it throughout my three unit development in Mona Vale and they're valuing around a million each so its perceived as a high end finish. Using travertine in the bathrooms though and woven bamboo flooring so the earthy natural elements all work together. I had contemplated marble benchtops but am going with Ceaserstone for the clean appearance and good working characteristics.

Cheers,
Michael

Back