Caeserstone laundry trough ?

hi all, I am renovating my small laundry.
We did our kitchen last year and put in stone benchs.
For the laundry I am going to get a piece of stone same colour but not as thick as what I did in the kitchen and put over the washing machine that will act as a bench to put stuff on like a laundry basket etc. Should look nice. And a bit of splashback around it.
My question is about the laundry trough. I replaced the old broken trough and cabinet with an off the shelf cabinet and trough. I was going to leave as is but now thinking a piece of stone on it too would look good. Question is can the stone be placed on top of the trough now as is or do I need to remove this one and go buy an an undermount trough instead. Would be good if I can just use this one. Also does it matter if the sink part has rounded edges and not square inside? Can stone guys just cut the middle round to match up to how the trough curves are? Does it need any wood substrate on the cabinet for the stone to sit for support or can just go on?
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

Thankyou very much !!

I thnk your best to get them to cut it to the outside of the tub and butt it up flush. that would look neat and make the tub flush with the top of the bench.

By my understnading you want it to sit on top and match the radius of the step down part of the tub. this would have a piece of stone approx 20-30mm wide going against the wall. I think the stone guys could have an issue cutting that, but im not stone expert.

it would need to be supported to the rear wall and in front of the tub to the wall to the left. Might need something a little extra along the tub but silicon will add strength when butting to the tub

Back