Cairns and FNQ Meet up - EOI

Ugh, slight chance I might not be able to make it after all; will know in the next day or so.

Are many others still going? Risky Business / JenJen / Beachy ?

G'day locals,

I'm now booked in for some fishing tomorrow. If I got back in time, you'd meet the tireder, smellier, sunburnt version of me. I'm not good looking enough to make that work for me. So how about a coffee somewhere on Sunday instead? Anywhere would be fine. Edge Hill or perhaps the beaches somewhere. Someone could take us to their favourite place and we can make future plans from there.

We're not having much luck!

I'm heading to Melb on sunday for another fortnight.

Unless you want to do coffee at the airport at about 5am! :p

Ha. You're dreaming. I only wake up early for fishing. 4:20am for fishing is ok. 6:50 for work and I mumble all the way to the ironing board.

Lol! How'd you go with the fishing? Heaps of boats on the water? Noticed it was the first calm-ish day in a long time.

I took the dogs for a walk on Saturday and saw the Trinity Park boat ramp car park and then some was chockas.

Lol! How'd you go with the fishing? Heaps of boats on the water? Noticed it was the first calm-ish day in a long time.

I took the dogs for a walk on Saturday and saw the Trinity Park boat ramp car park and then some was chockas.

Pretty quiet day. It was on another fella's boat. We got a few Spanish mackerel which we were chasing. We tried to raise a marlin or two without luck. She was a beaut day. And an envious boat. I agree, it would have been an early morning wake up for people living near the boat ramp.

I'm still interested in this but given the current temps, am going to lean towards an air-conditioned venue... :p

Hey Hobo, just saw this sorry.

I'm still keen too. I'm pretty sure needing air-con would rule out Yorkeys. Ideas for alternatives?

Yacht Club at Yorkeys is great. Best bet is to have the meeting on the deck, lovely breezes and drooling at the BIG boats :)

Had hoped I would be up there for this Meeting but not this year...hopefully next time

Chris

Heading to Port D on Saturday afternoon/evening, so only Sunday would work for me...

And I will put on my big girl's pants and suck it up if YKBC is the preferred location, whenever we manage to organise something! I'll just cross my fingers for a nice sea breeze. :)

Back