Cairns stabbing

I'm curious that if mental illness is not a factor here then what possible rational explanation could there be? I guess forensics and not speculation will inform us? Whilst there is undeserved stigmatism against mental illness the murder of eight children is going to give mental illness an unavoidable reputation. Perhaps psychosis is a better term than mental illness but I'm no expert.

Drug induced psychosis e.g. Crystal Meth?

I'm curious that if mental illness is not a factor here then what possible rational explanation could there be? I guess forensics and not speculation will inform us? Whilst there is undeserved stigmatism against mental illness the murder of eight children is going to give mental illness an unavoidable reputation. Perhaps psychosis is a better term than mental illness but I'm no expert.

mental illness or not, the mother's ex partner could have been threatening to take away the kids,

people do some crazy things when they are under duress, especially 7 kids,

look at those recent cases of men throwing their kids off a bridge for revenge towards the ex,
also, Ive heard many cases where both genders have said 'if I cant have my kids, then he/she cant eitherk, id rather my kids be dead'

Any which way it turns out, in her head, it was the worst day of her life.

This tragedy will take its toll on emergency services personnel as well. I wish them a speedy recovery. I couldn't imagine being a doctor or nurse having to provide medical aid to the killer after she did this to the kids. They're stronger than me.

Sorry 4GH1RH, I agree, the 'M' suburbs is a wild generalisation. I was too lazy to further describe how Cairns suburbs work. But everyone's heard the term.

I don't often see my Wife cry,but when this first started to go live in the media streams, we saw a Brisbane based Torres Strait Elder on the news
that we both have known for a long time speaking too the media,and the look on his face and the stress in his speech said it all..

This tragedy will take its toll on emergency services personnel as well. I wish them a speedy recovery. I couldn't imagine being a doctor or nurse having to provide medical aid to the killer after she did this to the kids. They're stronger than me.

Im really touched by that.
It not often anyone thinks about the emergency services and first responders.

Its a very difficult thing to do, treating the perpetrators of horrendous crimes.
The key is repeating the following mantra

"The mark of civilisation is the humane way it treats all societal members to basic human rights including health care. Retribution and justice are the province of the courts, not you"

Then get a second opinion of every decision to cross check you are on track.

Lastly, frequent debriefing sessions for all staff. This is very important.
A very wise colleague taught me the above as a junior.

Drug induced psychosis e.g. Crystal Meth?

What a disgusting assumption to make without having any knowledge other than what you've read in the media. Show some respect to the family and community who are still in shock. This is not the time to speculate on causes but to rally around the whole community. This forum is for property investment not making gross assumptions as to why a person murdered 8 children. If you have information that can assist the police investigation then call CrimeStoppers, if you don't then have some sensitivity.

What a disgusting assumption to make without having any knowledge other than what you've read in the media. Show some respect to the family and community who are still in shock. This is not the time to speculate on causes but to rally around the whole community. This forum is for property investment not making gross assumptions as to why a person murdered 8 children. If you have information that can assist the police investigation then call CrimeStoppers, if you don't then have some sensitivity.

Did you hit the 'post reply' button 20hrs too late?

There have been several post since JenJen made that comment, questioning her opinion and subsequently confirmed her plausable assumption. Her assumption was far from 'gross' and was seemingly 'accurate'. And it certainly was not made out of disrespect from how it reads.

If you want to only talk property, I suggest you stay out of the Coffee Lounge, where off topic talk, opinions, and speculation is allowed.

pinkboy

If you want to only talk property, I suggest you stay out of the Coffee Lounge, where off topic talk, opinions, and speculation is allowed.

pinkboy

Agreed. JenJen's comment had a question mark with it. It was clearly speculation. And most people are aware of drug use in indigenous communities, especially this ice stuff. For goodness sake, if there was no speculation on a property investing forum there wouldn't be much to talk about.

See ya's.

seemingly 'accurate'.

pinkboy

Have the medical reports do you? This is not the forum to speculate on such a tragedy and to do so by making assumptions about something which is still in its early stages of investigations is not just wrong but highly insensitive. Have some respect for the victims and their family.

Have the medical reports do you? This is not the forum to speculate on such a tragedy and to do so by making assumptions about something which is still in its early stages of investigations is not just wrong but highly insensitive. Have some respect for the victims and their family.

How am I being highly insensitive? Im sure I could be much more insensitive if I were to include any opinion on race, gender and socio economic status of the individual, but Im way above that. Perhaps you are to close or emotive about this and need to clear your frustrations somewhere else?

pinkboy

Quoted and bolded for clarity seeing as you havent read it properly the last 2x posts in this thread.

pinkboy

In my view, there is a difference between identifying a known cause of psychosis in response to 4GHIRH's question, and making an assumption about this specific tragedy...

Back