Calling on all buyers/owners of Meriton Apartments to share their experiences

Hi guys

I would like to hear some anecdotes from people who have actually OWNED or PURCHASED a Meriton Apartment.

Would you care to share your experiences? For example:

In which state is/was your property located in?
- How many years ago did you buy it?
- How old is the building now?
- Did you have any issues with the property?
- Have you retained the property or have you sold it?
- Why did you decide to sell it (eg: was it due to building issues or just a personal decision unrelated to build quality)?
- Would you buy a Meriton apartment again?
- Are strata fees unreasonably high? Care to share the number or a range?
- What kind of advice would you give to someone who might be considering buying one?
- Has your Meriton apartment outperformed a similar sized unit in an older red-brick 3-storey walkup type of block in the same suburb?
- Any other advice, observations, comments etc.

Thank you kindly in advance.

If you have not actually purchased or owned a Meriton apartment, but have views you would like to express (eg: perhaps you rented one, or know a relative who bought one, or contracted to do works on one), you're more than welcome to share them, but can you please make it clear in your post for our information.

Thanks again!

Our office is in one. Boy, the elevators drive people in this building nuts. Right now, only one two is operating. It's has been that way since early yesterday. There have been times (albeit brief ones) when neither have worked. We're only on level three, but I would hate to be on level 23.

I remember a friend bought a 1st floor one years ago in the city. Within a few months the toilets overflowed with raw sewerage flooding the unit. Tenant was spewing !

Turned out the plumbing was incorrect - some pipes in basement didnot have sufficient angle apparently.

Back