Cambridge Park, Busby and like areaas to invest

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at buying a second investment, and have been looking at many of the areas in the $200k-$300k range - and only single title houses. I'm finding areas like Busby and Cambridge Park appealing.

The thing is, all the areas with houses in the above price range including the above suburbs are predominately housing commission or starting the social class recycling period. Many people close to me point me away from it because of that.

What is the opinion of other investors and people that may live in or near the area?

Appreciate your advice!

It's true that both those areas have some Housing Commission, but lets face it, even in many of the newer areas you will find Housing Commission. They will lease a new property for up to 10 years instead of buying these days.

I live not too far from Cambridge Park & would have no hesitation in purchasing there if it fit my criteria. Many basic homes in good condition which would attract the average family. Not all people on lower incomes are problem tenants, in fact some of them are brilliant. I hold a few properties in areas with a much worse reputation than Cambridge Park & have had no problems.

Back