Cammy Home Alarm on your Phone

Would be interested in hearing from others that may have it installed and whether it is working as proimised.
I was going to chuck my old Android phone in the bin. However, I installed IP Webcam instead, and now I get live images of the front gate sent directly to my browser. Costs me nothing.

I guess for $30pm Cammy does a bit more than that ?

Yes, but what will anyone do if they turn on the phone and see someone wandering down the drive with the plasma in their arms? Everything is a throw away item these days...maybe not the jewelry....get a hidden safe if you feel that strongly.

Zoom home and punch the suitcase out of them? or call the cops?

The cops will get there as soon as they can - which might be a couple of hours away...home burglaries get trumped by domestic violence calls etc.

We have less cops and more population these days, so the response times will be not to your liking most times. The crooks will be long gone.

I suppose there is the chance of a conviction later on from the cops recognizing an already known criminal in the footage.

Another gadget you don't need, but might make you feel more secure, I guess.

I can just imagine nightclubs, day/night cricket matches, restaurants, cinemas, the opera, the tennis, concerts...all these folks with one eye glued to the action of the event, and one eye glued to the phone.

Seriously; just pay yer insurances and make sure all the doors are lockable when you go out and frickin relax.

Last edited:
Not uptight at all Bay - just asked if anyone has used it.

And yes, I have confronted criminals before and had them arrested.

Saw the ad on FB and thought it was an interesting and good use of technology.

1. Acts as a deterrant

2. Helps identify the criminal. Many thefts and crimes are unsolved, and I hate the idea of them getting away with it and repeating elsewhere.

3. I have a fairly extensive collection of expensive tools and other toys - that won't fit in a safe, so thought this would be a nice addition to my locked doors.

Back