Camp Hill Queenslander

Howdy Folks,

It's been a while so go easy on me :D

We are currently selling a Queenslander that we own in Camp Hill (Brisbane). It is a great house on a 567sqm block very close to transport, shops, schools etc.

The house has 2 bedrooms, 2 sleepouts and a sunroom although one of the sleepouts has it's own entry and therefore could be classed as a small 3rd bedroom.

It has recently been painted inside and out and has come up fantastic including beautifully restored ornate ceilings (some of the best I have seen). It has 1 bathroom but also a seperate toilet/laundry area. It also has 1 lock up car accomodation. There is potential to raise the house and build under doubling the size with some views as it is a nice elevated positition on the high side of the street.

For those of you who don't know Camp Hill, it is a sensational suburb only about 6klms from the Brisbane CBD. The street is off Old Cleveland Rd and there is currently a proposal with council to extend the Busway / Bus Lane from Stones Corner through to Carindale shopping centre which would make it even quicker to get to the city. At the moment, according to www.transinfo.qld.gov.au it is currently 20 mins on the bus.

The median price for Camp Hill (4152) according to homepriceguide is $376,500 for Feb 04.

Estimated rent return is $280-$290 p.w. and the current asking price for the house is $440,000. We are just about finished a 4 week only sole listing with an agency. 4 weeks because if we didn't sell we will rent. We will more than likely now give the place to another agent but I am happy to negotiate this with someone if they are willing to take advantage of the small window of opportunity between agents. With agents costs around $13K I would consider offers aroud the $425K-$430K mark as a win win for everyone.

All in all, it is a great house in a great suburb. Before anyone asks, it is with regret that we are selling but think it is the sensible thing to do having just bought a relatively expensive first PPOR (I'm sure Dale will agree with me :) and with our first child on the way.

If you would like any more information at all please feel free to send me a PM. Also include your email address if you would like some photos.

Cheers
PIppety

Offers ?

Nothing in writing but we have only had 2 open houses (1 on election day with nobody through) so it's very early days.

I am just keen for a quick sale with the baby due in 2 weeks (one less thing to worry about I suppose). As I said, we have no concerns about re-renting the property if necessary. We have owned it for 4 years and it has been vacant for 12 days !!! and this was prior to the recent painting etc.

Cheers
PIppety

Pipperty,

Thanks for the info, is there anything we might be able to help you with. I am a local Agent in Coorparoo. What Street is the property in?

Jarrod
Jarrod Lane Real Estate :)

Sale ?

Thanks Jarrod,

I might keep the info to myself at the moment until the sole agency finishes but thanks anyway for the offer.

Cheers
PIppety

Back