Campbelltown NSW

Hi investors

Is it worth considering campbelltown for investment ?

With people who know the area, there are limited land for apartment development due to individual owners on the queen st.

As for me, haven't got much cash left so I'm looking at off plan priced at $360k - $400k. I've done some research and found rental sits around $380-$400 for 2 bed 2 bath 1 car , on warby st which is fairly good location of campbelltown.

But as someone like me who lives close to city , can anyone give me more inputs on that suburb?

Thanks

Why brand new arashi? And why Campbelltown?

I am currently on the 37% tax bracket thus I've decided a bit of depreciation might do me good, plus from research , rental return ain't bad with $400 pw current value and a $370k price in 18months time... But that's my theory...

Why campbelltown? The newly expansion of the hospital, it's got university nearby, train lines , shopping centers ... , further down south, camden, spring farm are pricing up real quick , so I thought while other areas are heating up, I should put the limited funds in campbelltown for now ...but my knowledge is limited to this point

Of course I might be wrong and not seeing other suburbs potential ... That's why I'm here to ask how is campbelltown in long run?

Hi Arashi,

I live just north of C'town, There are a lot of older houses and units in C'town that can be rented quite cheaply. My brother in law subdivided a block their and built 3 units, he has not had a problem renting them out but I am not sure if they have appreciated in value but he has had trouble with vandals and break ins as there is a run down housing commission area just at the back of C'town, having said that, you are right insofar that Warby St is in a good area.
What else is worth considering is all the new development happening in Oran Park and Gregory Hills which is just outside of C'town and a new road will be built through straight to the train station. The other attraction of this area is that the Badgeries Creek airport will be only 20 min away but area will not be affected by flightpath so many workers my settle in these areas rather then C'town.

Hi Arashi,

I live just north of C'town, There are a lot of older houses and units in C'town that can be rented quite cheaply. My brother in law subdivided a block their and built 3 units, he has not had a problem renting them out but I am not sure if they have appreciated in value but he has had trouble with vandals and break ins as there is a run down housing commission area just at the back of C'town, having said that, you are right insofar that Warby St is in a good area.
What else is worth considering is all the new development happening in Oran Park and Gregory Hills which is just outside of C'town and a new road will be built through straight to the train station. The other attraction of this area is that the Badgeries Creek airport will be only 20 min away but area will not be affected by flightpath so many workers my settle in these areas rather then C'town.

I agree with this, with C'Town, you really need to pick the right street or else you'll get your windows smashed :eek:

Prices are going up fairly quick in Oran park , gregory hills (i think reaching 600k median) ... marcathur height land release sold out in a day time (release 2 coming soon:cool:) but i have limited cash right now:(

I agree with this, with C'Town, you really need to pick the right street or else you'll get your windows smashed :eek:

Prices are going up fairly quick in Oran park , gregory hills (i think reaching 600k median) ... marcathur height land release sold out in a day time (release 2 coming soon:cool:) but i have limited cash right now:(

Hey Arashi,

I lived there for a decade while growing up, and bought in Gregory Hills a year or so ago.

Ctown does have a lot happening for it, its quite busy and has a fair bit of infrastructure and activity going on. I dont think you'd have a problem renting out a new 2 bedder there. So you'd have a pretty neutral investment, with the depreciation gains.

Perhaps you could look into apartments that are 2-3 years old? The price should come down a fair bit, increasing the yield and the depreciation benefits relatively similar.

I'm not so sure on the short run growth outcome for it, that area has grown a fair bit in the past 2-3 years. As you mentioned, Gregory Hills and Oran park have been quite active in terms of price growth recently. The area does have a lot of infrastructure being built around it over the medium term.

Cheers,
Redom

Park Central in C'town has many apartments, is within walking distance to train station and Macarthur square, maybe worth investigating price movement in this area.

Park Central in C'town has many apartments, is within walking distance to train station and Macarthur square, maybe worth investigating price movement in this area.

:DBingo...that area was once all BUSH :D i can't believe how much it has changed over those years...quite scary

Hi Arashi,

What else is worth considering is all the new development happening in Oran Park and Gregory Hills which is just outside of C'town and a new road will be built through straight to the train station..

Oran Park and the surrounds are really picking up in terms of infrastructure development which causing the price to go up. Went there few weeks back and was amazed at the amount of construction going on.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am looking to start investing in the new year. I currently live in prestons nsw in my ppor, I have about $130,000 if not more equity in my house and I was just wondering what would be the best way to invest this money and what areas and why. I only want to buy positive cash flow properties as I don't have a strong cash flow at the moment.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and I am looking to start investing in the new year. I currently live in prestons nsw in my ppor, I have about $130,000 if not more equity in my house and I was just wondering what would be the best way to invest this money and what areas and why. I only want to buy positive cash flow properties as I don't have a strong cash flow at the moment.

Hi Brian - love your signature quote. :)

Withdraw that equity and get it working for you.

In terms of where to put that money - have dig around the forums, plenty of different strategies and ways to go about it.

Plenty of ways to get + c/f property too - generally aim for something with a 6.5%+ yield on it. :)

Cheers,
Redom

Thanks redom. I have reading api magazines for the last 2 years and I think next year I will go and see the guys at binvested to help me on my way.

Good or bad reviews from them. I have heard good things about Nathan and his team and he does what I want to do. :)

Not sure Brian - i'm personally amazed by his work though (have never met him or used him). I'd just dig around the forums and do my DD.

Good luck,
Redom

Back