Can anyone recommend a PM in Frankston?

Bumping this thread - looking for a PM in Frankston, currently have an out of area agent that is doing a pathetic job.....

Knowing how quickly staff changes at agencies, I'm interested in an up to date recommendation.

I hate to disrupt my tenants by changing to a new PM, but apparently its too hard to ensure the tenants pay the correct rent, and transfer it into my account :mad:

My only problem with Frankston lies in the poor quality of PMs. In MY experience, most local PMs and their teenage staff do not give a damn about owners.

That said, despite all the negativity, I have a lot of faith in Frankston and plan to get in on the current weakness and secure a few more bargains.

Tread carefully if you are dealing with most agents. PM me if you need a recommendation - I am reasonably happy with who I deal with.

I too am looking for a new PM in Frankston if anyone has any recs? I heard Terri from LJ Hooker was quite good but she seems to have moved on (?)

I use Narrelle and Vicki from Abel RE and have never had a big problem. Mind you I have had the same tenant for 7yrs and we do most things directly. The girls are great on billing/inspections etc.

I have done no real maintenance on the property since I moved out, and it has seen some wear and tear. Tenant and I have negotiated that he wont be charged for certain things, if they are left as is, where as PM would like me to replace/upgrade with new, potentially costing the tenant part of his bond when he does leave. And this works for both of us.
Another tick here for Narelle and Vicki.

I've had a recently renovated property up for rent and its been advertised for 3 months with my current PM - they haven't been up to scratch.

Thinking of changing to someone who will do a better job and I've sent an enquiry to Abel and might be trying a few more.

Such a pain in the backside finding a good tenant!

3 Months. Thats a long time. Have you reduced the rent over this period? Unless they dont advertise on realestate.com.au or on the internet, changing agents wont make a difference if you are asking for too much rent?

3 Months. Thats a long time. Have you reduced the rent over this period? Unless they dont advertise on realestate.com.au or on the internet, changing agents wont make a difference if you are asking for too much rent?

Yup reduced it 2 times. The property is the cheapest renovated property compared to others in the area. $250 for a renovated 2 bedroom asking for too much?

I must be lucky. 2 good tenants and 1 good PM. :)

Then again, its probably not good luck, more like good management of a good PM ;)

I'd like to know how you manage yours!

I've asked for weekly updates and face to face dialogue (which I get) on what to do if things aren't moving. We've reduced the price twice and maybe it needs another reduction but I always have to prod and poke. I've always taken the advice of the agent, but maybe I need to do more thorough research and hold them more accountable.

Any tips?

Where in Frankston. I have two, two bed units off Kar St. Non beachside side. They are currently rented at $260 per week. I have had them for over 10 yrs. The kitchens are still fairly old.

PM me the realestate.com.au add and i can give you my thoughts.

I've asked for weekly updates and face to face dialogue (which I get) on what to do if things aren't moving. We've reduced the price twice and maybe it needs another reduction but I always have to prod and poke. I've always taken the advice of the agent, but maybe I need to do more thorough research and hold them more accountable.

Any tips?

The real value in my experience for PMs in a resi context, is in dealing with maintenance issues, ensuring compliance to legislative/legal requirements and re-letting. When it comes to rents and benchmarking, this is where they have been less stronger in my experience. And for you, it is easier to get yourself up to speed on this. However being somewhat knowledgeable about non-rental matters helps in discussing and challenging the way the PM is in recommending a course of action. Over time, you will get more knowledgeable.

I even did, and I am not suggesting this is right for you, the agents rep course last year to understand and at least have the same level of formal knowledge as the PMs should have.

With communications, I am quick to respond to PM queries but also insist on quick responses in return. Early on, I call more often compared to email but as the relationship matures this flips the other way. Ultimately you need to set your expectations high about all interactions. And if they fail, communicate up the tree in the RE office and if you dont get satisfaction, move on.

At the end of the day, this is pure relationship management. The property stuff is incidental.

I have an excellent PM in nearby Carrum Downs. PM me if you want the details. This is the 4th PM I have worked with, and she now manages all my properties in outer SE Melb.

Any tips?

Is it leased yet? I am wondering if i should do a nominal increase of $5 a week. If the Frankston market is tight, then maybe i should just sit on my hands and do nothing.

Is that one still vacant Beekay? It's true that things have been a little slow for some people of late only because of the amount of properties available, however, with the right price there shouldn't be a problem. Certainly not 3 months of a problem!!! Have you had any applications or opens? Perhaps send an email enquiry through to your PM from another email and see what kind of response people are getting to their enquiries? Are they getting through for an inspection?

I'd love to take a look at the advertising to try to help move it for you - I've sent you a PM so you can respond to that with the link if you like.

Hope it's leased for you now Beekay.

Any new recommendations on good PM?

My previous PM and her boss both quit, and I'm not happy with the current one they assigned for me. There have been a lot of turn over in PM in Frankston area.

Could anyone recommend a good PM?

I used to work in Frankston - Best advice I can give about a property in Frankston is have it managed by an agent who isn't in Frankston :).

Back