Can I contact the body corporate manager to get more info on a property?

Such as info about the tenants and frequency of maintenance required?

Do you own the property? What is your interest in it?

If QLD if you are an 'interested party', i.e. you have a contract to purchase, then you can pay to inspect the Body Corporate records. I'm not sure about the other states.

In QLD you would be entitled to view the Roll of Owners, which should include tenancies but most Owners don't know to disclose this to the Body Corporate so it's rarely available.

Similar story with the maintenance, depending on your interest.

Matt

I do find that strange when you contact the strata manager to advise of a tenancy (under management), it is almost novel for them as so few owners or agents do it (and comply with the by-laws).

If QLD if you are an 'interested party', i.e. you have a contract to purchase, then you can pay to inspect the Body Corporate records. I'm not sure about the other states.

Matt

I'm looking to do this myself as 4 THs have come up for sale within te past month, whereas previously only 1 a year were listed for sale

Happy to be corrected but think this is the place to go:

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justice-services/body-corporate-and-community-management/fees

When I was buying my solicitor was able to get minutes of meetings which showed that recent maintenance had been carried out and that minor repairs were on-going. This info combined with reasonable but not-too-low strata fees was a green light.

If you're local and see occupants coming or going you could ask them whether they are happy living there and with how the building is run. Not scientific but you might learn something useful.

Back