Can I delete older posts of mine ?

If you have specific posts you want to delete, then feel free to make the request - perhaps use the "report this post" button - but make sure you explain why you want the post deleted.

However, as a general rule, posts will not be deleted in bulk.

If you need a username change - that's easy, just use the "contact us" form (link found at the bottom of the page) to make that request. Note that this will not change the content of any posts - just the username it was posted under.

Last edited:
pursefattener, my way of looking at it is that this is only a public forum in that it is free to enter. In every other respect it is like walking onto private property.

You don't own what you write here.
You have no final say over what happens to it.
And what you say can be deleted or edited in entirety or part by the owners and mods.
You can be asked to leave and banned from returning.

If you understand this, you will be better off.

This is why I think it is not a good idea to use your real name on the forum.

If you say something that you later think is better not to have said, you don't have final control. (i.e. what your net worth is, when you are vulnerable to being sued or robbed or having a family member kidnapped...etc)

Of course, those who use the forum to make a buck are exceptions to the above.

Am I able to wipe some of my own old posts . When i read them now I cringe...
Pursefattener.

One hint. If people do a search on your old posts, they will only be shown the most recent 200 posts. So, if you made another 90 posts those cringeable posts will disappear from the view of many ;)

But Winston's point is good.

This is a private property. Somebody else is paying the bill for us to be here and to make comments. So it's fair for that person to have some control about what you say.

I know, because I made an inappropriate comment a few days ago, and that comment was removed. So I have been the recipient of having a post deleted, as well as the instigator.

Maybe that is all pursefattener wants to delete?

So 5 is OK then?

Depends on the context, but generally I wouldn't have a problem with deleting 5 posts ... as I already said: If you have specific posts you want to delete, then feel free to make the request - perhaps use the "report this post" button - but make sure you explain why you want the post deleted.

Last edited:
Back