Can I get some ideas for a new business name pse

So originally I was thinking of real estate photography, only because I've got an elevated pole, but I've changed direction for the moment and I'm thinking more along the lines of a creative portrait photography business, I was originally thinking of iclick, but it kinda looks funny? So a play on words, or parts of a camera but spelt in a different way maybe.

iclick looks better on a business card or vehicle than it does as a website address. What do you think? I'm thinking I might either do a standalone website or just do a Facebook page. Seems everyone is on FB these days, so just trying out some different ideas. But my main focus at the moment is a good name.

I'm sure there's some very clever people here that are really good with words.

Please do not use any name starting with an i.

If you really must use the i, then make sure you add a '2.0' to the end of the name :D

So originally I was thinking of real estate photography, only because I've got an elevated pole, but I've changed direction for the moment and I'm thinking more along the lines of a creative portrait photography business, I was originally thinking of iclick, but it kinda looks funny? So a play on words, or parts of a camera but spelt in a different way maybe.

iclick looks better on a business card or vehicle than it does as a website address. What do you think? I'm thinking I might either do a standalone website or just do a Facebook page. Seems everyone is on FB these days, so just trying out some different ideas. But my main focus at the moment is a good name.

I'm sure there's some very clever people here that are really good with words.

You could mangle the language, like the following:

Youpic / Youpix / Upix / MEpix

PixI / PixME / PicI

iMEge / I-mage / Imij

My favourites are Youpix, PixME or Imij, but they break the following rule:

"If internet marketing is inportant you need a name that can be pronounced, understood and typed in by a listener (if using word of mouth, podcast or radio advertising) with no explanation necessary. "

Please do not use any name starting with an i.

totally agree - it's - just ... so ... cacky. like trying to be like totally awesome and like so with it, but failing miserably.

something classic and timeless with your own name in it perhaps?

the first thing to think of is "what is your target market" and work from there.

"If internet marketing is inportant you need a name that can be pronounced, understood and typed in by a listener (if using word of mouth, podcast or radio advertising) with no explanation necessary. "

If internet marketing is important, you should do some 'search engine optimization' BEFORE choosing a name (seriously).

Find out what keywords are being searched for, let that determine the best available domain name, then finally let *that* determine your company name.

You might end up with a name that's not quite as cool sounding, but it'll get way more traffic.

If internet marketing is important, you should do some 'search engine optimization' BEFORE choosing a name (seriously).

Find out what keywords are being searched for, let that determine the best available domain name, then finally let *that* determine your company name.

You might end up with a name that's not quite as cool sounding, but it'll get way more traffic.

so ..... how does one do that?

see, still learning :)

so ..... how does one do that?

see, still learning :)

Start by playing with this a little... http://google.com/trends?q=photography

There are a few other tools around to find out what are the most popular search terms, but in the past I've just employed help, so I don't know what the pros use.

Google looks at the words in the actual domain name when determining rankings.

So for example, "core strength" and "core fitness" are very popular search terms (I know because a friend is building his site around this basis, with an SEO guru for a business partner), so he registered http://www.corefitnessstrength.com

OK, didn't know that, will try it out. Thanks.

totally agree - it's - just ... so ... cacky. like trying to be like totally awesome and like so with it, but failing miserably.

something classic and timeless with your own name in it perhaps?

the first thing to think of is "what is your target market" and work from there.

I also really dislike this type of name. Go for something that reflects who you are.

An idea for you... A friend of mine purchased an apple mac, and was able to download holiday photos, arrange them and then with a click of a button send them off somwhere to create a coffee table style book of their holiday/ event etc. I'm sure its easy to do, but most people like me would never actually do it, or even look into how much it would cost. But I'd pay for someone else to organise it for me, particularly for special events. NOt sure how much it cost her, how long it took etc....... but it seemed like afairly simple process.

Pen

I know exactly what type of coffee table type of book you're talking about, and I know exactly where how to get them done. Brilliant! I was actually gonna just do one each for my kids, but hadn't thought of doing them for other people, cos they're pretty easy to do. But I think I need to stop thinking along the lines, that if I can do it, then everybody else must be able to do it too, and have the time.

LocusFocus PicSee SkyShoot Click HiPic SkyPic

BTW, if you are going to do professional photography, you better know what you are doing and have all the gear. It's a very competitive field.

Generally to get the best results for house photography, you need
- to have studied formally
- 5-20k worth of lenses
- 5k worth of lighting and the knowhow to use it.
- relationships with interior stylists and designers.
- landscape stylists
- furniture hire
- up market homes.

whoops......just noticed you want to go portraits.
have a look at this site....Cheryl's my cousin.

Back