Can I retain and build on this property STCA?

Hello,

Am looking for properties to retain and build on, and the place below has popped up recently. Corner block, 833m2 total area, with R20/30 zoning.

The block I've highlighted below is 261m2, but am not sure if this is large enough to safely build a new residence? R30 needs minimum 260m2 site area, so it seems like I'm pushing the limits here?

Am pretty new to all this, so really appreciate any help whilst trying to do my due diligence.

Cheers,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
This is exactly what i am doing. With a 261m2 block no problems. The thing is you may need a set back ie of 1m from the existing house to new boundary which would make your lot smaller.

There is also the 5% variation you could apply for.

I would be making my offer subject to a survey because it looks like it could be hit and miss especially with the accuracy of the online tool.

Also what council? And what is required to get the r30 density bonus?

You may find existing house has to be demolished or upgraded visually.

You've got a couple of trees to get rid of as well as the setback from the existing house (or fire separation) & provision of private open space requirements etc.

Can you demolish the back of the house to solve any of those matters?

Thanks for the replys guys,

The rezoning is currently in the draft phase so the split density coding requirements haven't been released as yet.

Would it be possible to include the side area where the shed is sitting into the back lot? I realise this would create and irregular shaped block, but would that generally be allowable? Am going to view the property on Tuesday, but it's looking a little risky at this stage I think.

Cheers,

Back