Can I subdivide 2 houses on one title?

Hi All,

I'm looking at a possible subdivision of this piece of land 970 sqm with 18m frontage.

Is is possible to keep both houses and submit a request to subdivide?

There are some obvious problems..

The front house will need to be moved forward using a removal company. There is a carport between the two houses which will need to be removed also.

Will council allow something like this?

The other option is to knock it all down and build some villas. Could you fit 2 or 3 3br villas on a block that size and that layout?

Thanks in advance,

Marsmac

Property-shot.jpg

information such as which council, what is currently approved as (dual occupancy?) would help others here to answer your question.

What is the current value (2 props in one title) versus value when subdivided would also help you determine to go than that path.

Some council you may get away with strata/community title which effectively allow you to sell them individually.
From the plan it appears once you have removed/carport there is quiet a big clearance between the 2 dwellings plus a wide side handle access allowing a possible battle axe block.

Showing you idea to local council might give you a vague yes or no answer.

I would think the rental income achieved would be same ( or not much higher) if its was subdivided

Back