Can someone help me with a rental ledger?

I've got a rental ledger and I don't entirely understand how much rent is owed (if any). The dates on the ledger confuse me a bit.

Any help would be appreciated. I've just removed any identifying information about the tenant, nothing more.

This tells how much rent has been received, and when... not how much is owed.

Last payment of $220 rent was received on 27/9/2012.

The rent is paid to the 27/9/12 and the tenant has $180 in credit. (they are effectively paid to 01/10/12 + $4.00

($220pw = $44 per day. $180 = 4 days x $44 + $4 Credit)

Assuming you are asking if any rent is due to Settlement date of 25/9?

In that case - they have overpaid rent which should have been calculated at settlement and directed to the new owner.

Matt

Well I use Console, not Rest (different trust accounting software) (our ledgers are much easier to read), but It's pretty simple.

The third and fourth columns in from the right are the paid dates. ie - the last payment of $440 paid the tenants from the 14/9/12 to 27/9/12 (two weeks).

The amount "in hand" appears to be rent in credit, which makes sense. The "in hand" amount is collected as rent but isn't included in the dates, as it's not a full week's rent of $220.

The last payment was 27/9 as you pointed out, however this payment was made when the tenant was 10 days in arrears. Naughty tenants.

Back