Can someone help me?

This is all a muddle.

Granted your broker shouldn't have mucked up the loan document BUT your conveyencer/solicitor should have known what to do in this situation. This is where you need the QLD knowledge.

You also need to be knowledgeable about buying in another state and how contracts and settlements work. In WA it is quite easy to get an extension and there is a penalty rate listed in your contract if that happens. It seems in QLD there is not such a thing (going from your post) and your conveyancer should have explained that to you when your extension was denied.

You have complicated matters by terminating the contract when it was possible that there might have been some negotiation extended to you to delay settlement.

This is all a muddle.

Granted your broker shouldn't have mucked up the loan document BUT your conveyencer/solicitor should have known what to do in this situation. This is where you need the QLD knowledge.

You also need to be knowledgeable about buying in another state and how contracts and settlements work. In WA it is quite easy to get an extension and there is a penalty rate listed in your contract if that happens. It seems in QLD there is not such a thing (going from your post) and your conveyancer should have explained that to you when your extension was denied.

You have complicated matters by terminating the contract when it was possible that there might have been some negotiation extended to you to delay settlement.

Thanks a lot westminster!

Yes, it is complicated now!

We were prepared to get some penalties daily bases when requesting for extension, but did not expect an extra of $10,000 on top of the contract price, so only selected to say no to such, and did not expect the seller would terminate the contract either, because what I knew was the seller was desperate for money, he does not have a job to support his mortgage any more, I only assumed I would be the earliest buyer to buy his house in the market, even though I noticed another agent still left the house for sale on internet never stopped selling the house when my contract was under unconditional, looked like the seller and another agent ignored my contract existence until the last week of settlement they fund I could not settle the house because of the incorrect witness documents.

Back