Can this be converted to a granny flat?

We're evaluating purchasing a place. There's an existing garage/gym in the back total size 72sqm. According to the plans given to me, the R/C slab was built to AS2870-1986, AS3600 standards, the ceiling height is 2.4m. Max roof height is 3m.

Thanks

The best thing is to talk to your council or read their guidelines on their website. If you're talking about making it a council approved granny flat that is. I've seen so many granny flats that don't have a formal council approval but there are being renting out.

Brazen can probably give you an idea, he is the GF guru. As its over 60sqm it may need full approval and not the 10 day SEPP approval.

We're evaluating purchasing a place. There's an existing garage/gym in the back total size 72sqm. According to the plans given to me, the R/C slab was built to AS2870-1986, AS3600 standards, the ceiling height is 2.4m. Max roof height is 3m.

Thanks

1. You'll have to just put an internal wall to make the granny flat 60 sq m max external size.
2. The RC Slab must be certified as complying with that Australian Standard but also for RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURES. My Engineer does these certificates.
3. That wall height you mention is good.

Look here:
http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81403

Brazen.

Back