Can you help?

Hoping someone here knows of a broker that may have specific experience with working with getting finance for newly returned Aussies.

My son is returning to Australia from NZ after 10 years, due to a job promotion and looking to purchase here in Victoria. They are all cashed up from selling their family home in NZ but need additional funds to purchase a family home for his wife and young son here.

Please let me know if you know of someone who could help out.

Thanks

You're being overly dramatic. There's no reason why he'll be treated any differently just because he's been working overseas for a while.

One bank - no broker involved - has told them: On 1 wage, 2 adults 1 child living expenses that the most they could lend them was $260,000 unless they get a family benefits grant totaling $250 a fortnight... They want (and could have accessed no problem in NZ) a loan for $380K as they have $220 - 240K as a deposit.

So overly dramatic? I don't thinks so.

Just looking for a broker who knows what they are talking about and can help them out.

One bank - no broker involved - has told them: On 1 wage, 2 adults 1 child living expenses that the most they could lend them was $260,000 unless they get a family benefits grant totaling $250 a fortnight... They want (and could have accessed no problem in NZ) a loan for $380K as they have $220 - 240K as a deposit.

This has nothing to do with the fact they just came back from overseas. They're assessed just like anyone else.

Actually, yes, I think you are being overly dramatic, if you're reacting like this to the results of ONE bank's assessment. Tell them to talk to a broker who has access to different lenders.

We had a similar issue. Brokers wouldn't touch us, but we ended up directly approaching the banks with a letter from our employer confirming length of time with the company and that we had been transferred back to Syd. It made all the difference to us. Good luck :)

We had a similar issue. Brokers wouldn't touch us, but we ended up directly approaching the banks with a letter from our employer confirming length of time with the company and that we had been transferred back to Syd. It made all the difference to us. Good luck :)

I would have suggested likewise. It is called "continueity of employment" in bank speak.

One bank - no broker involved - has told them: On 1 wage, 2 adults 1 child living expenses that the most they could lend them was $260,000 unless they get a family benefits grant totaling $250 a fortnight... They want (and could have accessed no problem in NZ) a loan for $380K as they have $220 - 240K as a deposit..

Whats the take home wage pls ?

ta

rlf

Back