Can you recommend a good accountant in Melbourne?

Did you ever consider that these Melbourne accountant recommendations are just one person having a conversation with themselves through various entities they have registered?

BTW, you are speaking about some senior members of the forum here, not newbies. Some of these people have been posting for a number of years, reside in different States and have completely different writing styles. They don't always agree on everything either. For instance, we have:

Rob from Adelaide, been posting since Nov 2007 with nearly 1800 posts
Rixter from WA, been posting since 2001 with over 5000 posts
Belu from Melbourne, posting since July 2005 with over 1000

Do you realise just how rediculous it sounds to even make that kind of suggestion.:confused: While you, on the other hand have been around since 2005 and have only 7 posts and 5 of them have been promoting Bantacs. I am hearing something along the lines of pot/black/kettle methinks.

It is also highly unlikely that either of the two firms in question here would receive a large quantity of work from the forum, so how about we just discontinue the childishness of attempting to promote someone at the expense of someone else.

Like I said before, I'm totally impartial. I don't use any of the mentioned accountants and I'm not about to change any time soon but I do find this kind of persecution offensive and completely unnecessary.

Last edited:
Of course I am a client of BANTACS and while I don’t usually participate in this forum I do visit often. I get upset when I see the sort of stuff that goes on here at times and have as much right to post as anyone else does. It is a shame that defending my accountant just means the attacks start on me instead, what chance have we got of keeping decent people posting on this site? And I don’t know where you get your figures on this thread being pro BAN TACS as the majority of the posts on this thread are from you.

Luckily there is now an alternative to this sort of carry-on where people have to be identified and be held accountable for the statements they make.

I get upset when I see the sort of stuff that goes on here at times and have as much right to post as anyone else does.
Sure, post away. Nobody ever said that you couldn't. I just mentioned that it was funny that all bar two of your posts were related to one accountant in particular. Kinda strange, that. Most people post on many topics unless they have a vested interest.

Luckily there is now an alternative to this sort of carry-on where people have to be identified and be held accountable for the statements they make.

Fine, there's your solution.

It is a shame that defending my accountant just means the attacks start on me instead,
I didn't attack you, I merely pointed out your errors. And the below quote were your words, not mine, where you were trying to insinuate that the same person was making all the posts and I proved you wrong.

Did you ever consider that these Melbourne accountant recommendations are just one person having a conversation with themselves through various entities they have registered?

what chance have we got of keeping decent people posting on this site?

Is this a personal attack? Are you trying to say that you are decent and I am not? Or are you trying to say that some accountants are decant while others are not? I'm not completely sure what you are trying to say, but I find this comment particularly offensive.

End of the day, if you don't like this forum, the people that forumites recommend, the colour of their skin/hair/teeth etc, you really don't have to come here. You have already told us that there is an alternative, where all the posters are decent.:rolleyes:

Oh, and since you spend so little time here anyway, why should you care who is decent?

Hi Michelle,

I have been accused of many things over the years (some more pleasant than others), but that is perhaps the first time that the possibility of being either Rixter or Rob Williams has been raised. Belu, I could at least understand; he is also an accountant in his mid-twenties but we have often been sighted at the same place at the same time by other Somersoft members.

I am fairly distinctive, I think; in both name and nature. And, I'm told, by my style of writing. I can assure you that I am have not posted on this thread until now and that none of those aliases are mine. Michelle, you are also somewhat distinctive. The facebook link attached to each of your posts reveals your full name; it matches one that I recall seeing under the personnel section of the BAN TACS website a short while ago. Do you still work there?

I am not on this forum to attract business. Less than 5% of my clientele have found me through this website and I have deliberately refrained from posting accounting advice for some time now to ensure that I am not seen to be spamming for new clients. And, in an attempt to keep the peace and (ideally) avoid threads like this one from developing; I would agree with you, that this is not pretty and such bickering does not benefit the forum.

So, I humbly apologise for giving anyone cause to doubt my motives here, and for any offence or confusion caused by choosing not to complete the CA or CPA programs in lieu of working towards my Masters instead. If the innocuous link to my blog that forms part of my posting signature is also offensive to anyone, please let me know and I will remove it immediately.

I do appreciate the recommendations offered by those who have mentioned my company from time to time, and I hope that their expectations have been exceeded. However, again, I am not here to generate business and I do hope that the small contributions that I have made to this forum so far were taken in the spirit that they were intended.

Back