Can you walk into a pub on your own ?

random, I don't know where you live, but if it's in/near St Kilda, there's a barber on Barkly Street, just off the corner of Barkly and Acland, on the Coles side of the road. There are usually a few people working there, but the guy you want is David. He's the best!

This is a proper barber shop by the way, not some hipster jerk off establishment where 'men' (cough) give you some poncy hair style and put gel or some other girl crap in your hair like a girl.

Really , that's it l'm there. l miss that after all these salons or whatever the hell you end up in and crap all these years.
l'm on the Great Ocean Rd but l often drop into my sisters down in St kilda .

OP obviously has a self confidence issue.

Exactly what is the reason that stops you from going in alone?
Identify it, put it aside and stride in to get what you want, that nice cold frothy beer, have a quick chat to the barperson (see I can be PC) then the person near you, or even the girl over yonder. Soon you'll be a regular.

Or is that what is stopping you?[/QUOTE

Haha ,is that how it's done eh.
Nope actually l can hold my own just about anywhere and have all my life. You probably wouldn't believe some of the crap l've done actually that l can promise you , many will only ever dream, like lived all over the country - All quiet these days though :D

But eh , that's still not a bad way to look at it though fence :cool:

l'm a very social person on the right day when l get fired up and l've done some serious partying over the years.
But l've never been able to walk into a pub on my own if l don't know anyone inside . It's just something that doesn't come easy to me .
Friends and stuff , no problemo l'll probably be the last one standing but on my own, knowing no one !

Can you do that type of thing ?

When l was traveling l could easily just walk into a pub somewhere solo, but traveling's different. Nothing matters when your traveling .

Talking just pubs in your areas or there abouts , home turf type thing but knowing no one ..
My brother does, he'll just walk in, anywhere, any time, day or night. Doesn't matter what type of pub or crowd. Die hard locals or full of partying .
l can do or go almost anything anywhere on my own but walking into a pub , total block !

Walking into pubs random on your own? Sure. German chancellor merkel did just that in Brisbane....well ok, her followed by sh*tload of security and police...

I don't get it?

Do you walk into a supermarket on your own?
Do you walk in to a coffee shop on your own?
What about a public bathroom?

Whats the difference.

To be honest. I recon you could walk into a 100 pubs on your own, then later interview everyone else in the place, and not a single one of them would have noticed you. Why? because they are all too concerned with what other people are thinking of their shirt colour, shoe brand or the slight smudge they have on their pants (or what ever else).

Honestly, no one gives a **** about you - get used to it and get over it. If you can do it when traveling, whats the difference?

But like I said - I don't get it.

Blacky

L

Becoming aware of how you feel about certain situations and not letting it bother you is perhaps the greatest tool to develop

Very true.

I freedive. People often ask about the physical side of the sport, when in actual fact overcoming the mind is far more challenging.

Overcome the mind, and you can control your body in ways many people can't imagine (or believe).

Walking into a pub and being concerned about what others think? Really?
I think you need to challenge your mind a bit more, so that it doesn't focus on such minor details.

Blacky

Really , that's it l'm there. l miss that after all these salons or whatever the hell you end up in and crap all these years.
l'm on the Great Ocean Rd but l often drop into my sisters down in St kilda .

Dude! Next time you're in town, hit me up, we'll grab a beer.

I think you need to challenge your mind a bit more, so that it doesn't focus on such minor details.

Blacky

This also applies to our investing plight.

After looking at "it" and weighing the + and - steel yourself and press the button and go with full confidence and purpose.

I love doing stuff I once thought impossible.

Very true.

I freedive. People often ask about the physical side of the sport, when in actual fact overcoming the mind is far more challenging.

Overcome the mind, and you can control your body in ways many people can't imagine (or believe).

Blacky

Freedive eh , nice.
Nah it's not about what anyone thinks. lf you knew me you'd laugh at that.
lt just is , weird !

This also applies to our investing plight.

After looking at "it" and weighing the + and - steel yourself and press the button and go with full confidence and purpose.

I love doing stuff I once thought impossible.

Do ya , good for you fence.
l've done many huge things in my life even l don't believe sometimes .
Might even start a thread one day :cool: Although l don't think l'd even wanna remember 1/2 of them so ,maybe not .

I don't get it?

Do you walk into a supermarket on your own?
Do you walk in to a coffee shop on your own?
What about a public bathroom?

Whats the difference.

I think there is a huge difference between going into a pub or a bar on my own and going into a supermarket, coffee shop or public bathroom.

Each of those things has a purpose. You are busy shopping, putting things in the trolley, and supermarket shopping is not something that friends do together generally (plenty of couples shop together, but rarely do friends grocery shop together in my experience).

I have no issue entering a coffee shop on my own but would generally read a magazine or my phone whilst having a coffee. I would never feel like a "freddy no friends" in a coffee shop on my own.

Public bathroom is also a place to go with a purpose.

Having a drink in a pub or a bar is so much more a social thing, and if I see someone drinking alone, I would wonder if they don't have friends whereas seeing someone alone in a coffee shop I have a completely different thought process. I would think "she is waiting for an appointment, or on her way to do the groceries".

I would not head to a coffee shop on my own, but would feel comfortable having a coffee on my own, whereas having a drink in a pub or club is something I'd never do on my own. I'd feel like a "freddy no friends".

Perhaps it is just in my head, and perhaps it comes from having an alcoholic grandfather who spent lots of time in pubs, and often when I went to visit, I'd be dragged to the pub for hours at a time (so boring) and get to sit with grandma in the area women were allowed in the stinking heat whilst he sat inside with his yobbo mates getting sozzled.

I have no problems walking into a pub on my own. There was only one time it did freak me out. I was in a small country town on business and had to stay the night. Anyhow, got to dinner time, so I went to the pub for a meal. I opened the door and walked in, and it felt like the music went quiet and everyone turned around and stared at me unblinkingly. There was a distinct feel of 'She ain't frum ROUND these parts...', with a hint of Deliverance banjo in the background.

I found a dark corner to eat my meal and kept my head low. Nothing actually happened, but it was a distinctly odd experience.

Having a drink in a pub or a bar is so much more a social thing, and if I see someone drinking alone, I would wonder if they don't have friends whereas seeing someone alone in a coffee shop I have a completely different thought process. I would think "she is waiting for an appointment, or on her way to do the groceries".

But why should you care whether that person has no friends or not?

And how can you make such an ssumption without knowing the person?

I personally dont care what people think because they mostly get it wrong, and even if they get it right, who gives a brass razzoo? None of their business!

I'd like to hear of the ramifications this person may receive upon entering a bar alone? Whats gonna happen?

I think there is a huge difference between going into a pub or a bar on my own and going into a supermarket, coffee shop or public bathroom.

Each of those things has a purpose. You are busy shopping, putting things in the trolley, and supermarket shopping is not something that friends do together generally (plenty of couples shop together, but rarely do friends grocery shop together in my experience).

I have no issue entering a coffee shop on my own but would generally read a magazine or my phone whilst having a coffee. I would never feel like a "freddy no friends" in a coffee shop on my own.

Public bathroom is also a place to go with a purpose.

I would not head to a coffee shop on my own, but would feel comfortable having a coffee on my own, whereas having a drink in a pub or club is something I'd never do on my own. I'd feel like a "freddy no friends".

Ditto. As a woman I wouldn't go into a bar on my own, but if others wanted to do it I wouldn't think anything of it.

But why should you care whether that person has no friends or not?

And how can you make such an ssumption without knowing the person?

I didn't say I cared if they had friends but that is the assumption I jump to. And "how can I make such an assumption without knowing the person?" Well, that happens every day, everywhere, by most people, and often wrong.

I personally dont care what people think because they mostly get it wrong, and even if they get it right, who gives a brass razzoo? None of their business!

I'd like to hear of the ramifications this person may receive upon entering a bar alone? Whats gonna happen?

Ditto. As a woman I wouldn't go into a bar on my own, but if others wanted to do it I wouldn't think anything of it.

I think property_girl sums up how I feel. I also don't give much of a toss if someone else is happy to walk into a pub and drink on their own, but I would never do it.

I can do both, I must be special:)

However these days I would rather be at a pub/hotel with friends etc. just share a drink and conversation with people I know.

Women may start making moves on him.

I can remember a time I found myself alone in a bar and this happened to me. There were the stares, then slow blinks and finally kisses were blown my way. Scary stuff let me tell you!

Back