Canberra Dinner / get together #4

Don’t the months just come around so quick!!!!

Get your diaries and teledexes out and mark in Saturday the 30th of August, call the baby sitter and be ready for another great night of fine food and good natter, with the Canberra investor’s social group.

Where: We don’t know yet still sampling venues

Time: We’d like to think 6.30pm

We had a great role up at the last evening and some didn’t leave till 1.15am (my wife and some others sampling the fine chardonnay’s on offer)

Whilst you have that diary out mark these two dates as well.

Friday October 3rd we have a guest speaker from Sydney (NickM from the forum) who has offered his time to talk on asset protection (trusts etc) you can read all about his company at his web site http://www.strategicwealth.com.au/default.asp venue is TBA and the cost will be very minimal, just enough to cover the room hire we are thinking $5 each…

GeoffW has a post on this

Saturday October 4th we are going to hold a Big BBQ venue and times TBA.

GeoffW has a post on this too

This is the October long weekend and the last weekend of Floriade, so we are hoping for a few interstaters to come and visit us as well.

One of us will post closer to the date reminding all, however Geoff, Chris and myself would be grateful if you could just express your interest for the Big BBQ as we are looking at catering this one.

Regards

Mr Ed

Ps. Again I’m the numbers man so please let me know if you are coming on Sat the 30th August don’t just turn up because you won’t be catered for.

We email most people direct now so if you'd like to be emailed direct then direct one to me on [email protected]

Hi all,

We have a venue...

Bernadettes
Wakefield Gardens
Ainslie (Ainslie Shops)

Saturday the 30th of August

It's BYO (Pub & IGA in same block)

Time 6.30pm

Cost is only $17.50 p/person

Now if you havn't been to Bernadettes before it's VEGETARIAN yep no meat within a bulls roar, we have decided on having a set menu of mixed dips wedges and anti pesto with an assortment of Pizza 's. No bull the best Pizza's you have ever had.

If you really want to push the vegetarian barrow then you can go vegan there too.

If you would like to come along send me a reply as we only have room for a max of 25 (over that and you are someones knee) as we have aranged our own room this time.

BTW If you have any friends that would be interested in comming along bring them, the more the merrier. Send me their email address that way they will continue to get invited.

See you all there

Regards

Ed Nixon
Mob 0418 616 517
office 02 62491700
[email protected]

**Bump**

Bernadettes this Saturday.

There's very little room for casuals. If you're coming, please notify Mr Ed.

Looking forward to it!

Thank's for a great night out Ed !

Excellent networking opportunity as always, especially with a touch of vino...

Regards,
The Lighthouse.

It was a good night, we hope to see you all at the BBQ in October.

There's a bit more room there to move around and meet people ;)

Anyway, a couple of pic's from the night.

CBR Dinner #4

Cheers

Phil

Great night had by all, phil you're right next time will be better as we'll be able to move around a bit more to get to meet everyone.

Hey Phil let me guess you had a big T Bone steak last night for dinner?????

Or was it a mixed grill!!!!!!!!

Ed.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry

The roast beef was in the post vegetarian recovery stage for Phil.

Apologies, there were some who did not appreciate the meatless venue.

Hopefully for those who did not like the cuisine, the company made up for it.

Bu there is the big bbq coming up- and there will definiteley be meat. Plus a choice of salade and/or vegetables for those few who like such things.

And we will be able to move around, and enough time to talk with people as well. Saturday night was a good night for the people who were on the same end of the table, but a pity for the lack of time and opportunity we had for the others.

Apologies Jerry.

The big BBQ should have enough hot food. Lots of ordinary barbeque style stuff.

We'll be able to move around as well.

And if the weather is bad, there's the indoor area.

It's a licensed club, so I'll be having a beer or three.

And for the non-Canberra people- there's Floraide to entertain and to delight :D

If anyone is late- um, not sure about the food situation. And I'm not sure about flexibility. I'll try to find out.

Great night, great company.

Many thanx to Ed and Geoff for continuing to promote these events.

Hope to see you all (and others) at the next one.

Steve K:cool:

Back