Canberra, Yass and captains flats.

Rugrat, you're not considering Queanbeyan? We're there for the same reason as you- we could buy a good block and waited until we could build. It's a much shorter commute- though that depends on what part of Canberra your husband works.

Isn't it crazy that with a place like Canberra when there is so much land available , clearly viewable where ever you drive around Canberra that you have to pay at least high $400 to $500 k just to get a basic four bedroom house. There is something seriously wrong with the system.

I have considered Qbn, I actually like qbn, and have kind of just lumped it into "Canberra" in my mind. ;)
I just haven't really found anything out therethat ticks all of my boxes, that is at all close to being affordable at the moment, so buying there is no difference in our plan then if we bought in Canberra. I would certainly buy a block in Qbn / jerrabomberra if one came up that would fit in our current budget. But the land I've found so far has been too far out of our budget at the moment.

Back