Can't believe these scammers

A friend of mine is expecting to rent a 1bedder in Sydney CBD for less than $300. Yes I know!! But anyway.. she contacted this listing which was perfect for $270 pw and advertised as modern with study ra ra ra.. the works.

This is the response... I think what's worst is I know people would fall for this.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply but the matter is that I'm in Brmingham already. Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for one month of rent will be $1080, with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to revive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account. The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. In order of that I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle both payment and delivery of the Keys.
I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the apt only after you will receive the keys of it and through this way you will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I receive my payment.Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the
company where the procedure is explained: http://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/home/services/express_delivery.html
Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of this week or the beginning of the next one.

Lamingtons you cynic - next you will be telling me that the lotto prize I won in the lotto I never entered or the princess/dictator/dead relative windfall I am told I am receiving is false.....shame on you :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So you mean the email I received from Nicaragua asking for my details was not genuine!?!?

...and I shouldn't have replied!!!!

;)

I have just received this in my inbox:

This is to notify you that your email address has won €951,969.00 in the Europe Millions Email Draw in which e-mail addresses are picked randomly by computerised balloting, powered by the Internet. This is to enhance the utilization of the internet. To claim your prize, please contact Claims Officer on the email with the claims requirement listed below;
Austin Dupre {Claims Officer}
E-mail: [email protected]
Claims Requirements:
1.Full Name:
2.Home Address:
3.Age:
4.Gender:
5.Tel:
6.Occupation:
7.Country Of Residence:
8.Nationality:
Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program.
Sincerely,
Lindsay Davis

Why am I trying to make it big in property when I have already won 1,000,000 Euro.:)

F

I had a weird one when I listed my wedding gown for sale.

He was from "US" and he said he wanted to buy the dress. How convenient... I said erm... okieeee. He goes i'll get my secretary to write you a cheque for 2000GBP what is your address.

Do people honestly fall for these? :eek:

Back