canvas blinds or tinted windows

hey all.

just thinking of installing canvas blinds or tinted windows for my place. 11 windows all up

just wondering if people have either and what one would suit better , the front of the house sits NE facing

Neeko.

I am wondering same thing....this time of year I get a lot of heat through North facing French door. Love the sun in the winter though.

I need something that is easy to adjust and gives visibility.

My eaves are just not quite big enough to cover Feb through March but rest of year is fine.

Window tinting doesn't work very effective at all!
If you want to block out the sun get roller shutters. They are expensive but best to keep the sun out. I know a good contact in Sydney if it's for around there. Also beware of half price and modern! There is a reason they can be so cheap!! I spent a bit of time servicing their gear, they get them up quick and guarantee they'll need work in a few years!

Otherwise heavy duty curtains, or a shade on the out side.

Canvas blinds or awnings are good but get Australian canvas as the cheaper imports fail quite rapidly due to not being made for the harsh conditions.

I second roller shutters, best thing I did. Previous house I had a canvas awning, it was ok but roller shutter makes for a pitch black room and noise reduction. Tinting windows, parents had it, minimal reduction really for heat, come winter no winter sunshine so were cold miserable rooms.

Ok fantastic. Ill be getting blinds thats for sure. Maybe not canvas but something with a little see through

Tint or Canvas Blinds?

Personally, depending on Budget, I would go both.

Tint will definitely keep a lot of heat out of a house, and the glare. But alone will not do the job. Putting up both will not only keep the house a lot lot cooler, but also protect the window coverings from fading.

The advantage of tint is people find it harder to see in during the day, but at night the opposite! So keep the blinds closed!

I found this on the Bunnings website, where they say 900mm x 2100mm is about $22

and the info below:

Static cling film which is easier to install than adhesive backed film
Can be removed in seconds and reapplied multiple times over several years
Rejects about 65% of summer heat to keep house cooler and reduce energy costs
98% UV block helps reduce furnishing fading and shields against eye damage from the sun
Provides reasonable daytime privacy from prying neighbours

I hope this helps!

Back