Capalaba QLD

Hey everyone

Im thinking of buying in Capalaba, prices seem reasonable, there is a master plan to create a TOD site via combining the two shopping centres into a mega centre with a mix of commercial and retail. There is the also a large light-medium industrial commercial precinct which makes Capalaba the largest employer in the Redland district.

There is also the bonus of the eastern bus way having a stop which would mean a 20 minute ride to the Brisbane CBD.

Anyone see any problems with the area in general?, anyone on ground floor living in the area willing to share their experiences?

Thanks

don't want to open new thread hope someone can help.

Just want to know some opinions from local resident at capalaba, seems a lot of shopping centers and shopping villages in this small town, are they a bit overkill?
are local people spending money and can keep the business (retail, mostly) alive?

cheers,

Capalaba isn't a small town

It's more like a massive retail area where you can basically get anything you will ever need

It reminds me of moorabbin in vic

Currently rennovating in birkdale and it is very handy being close to capalaba

Personally I wouldn't buy a house there though

Capalaba isn't a small town
It's more like a massive retail area ...
Personally I wouldn't buy a house there though

i see. just bit strange looking at coles website they have 2 stores just meters away. also 2 woolworths and 2 coffee clubs. plus bigw, kmart, target, jbhifi, officeworks, fredom, etc

and kind enough to elaborate of reason not buying house there?

i see. just bit strange looking at coles website they have 2 stores just meters away. also 2 woolworths and 2 coffee clubs. plus bigw, kmart, target, jbhifi, officeworks, fredom, etc

and kind enough to elaborate of reason not buying house there?

It's just a very busy place with a massive sprawl of retail and factory/ warehouse areas.

Nothing wrong with it but birkdale which is next door is very quiet and has a much more residential feel

I have to agree with Strongy1986
As well as Birkdale, there is a selection of very nice suburbs all along the coastline. Capalaba is inland so who in their right mind would want to live inland when the coast is just next door?

If you were to go inland go to Alexandra Hills, houses are so cheap there and rental yields are high. I don't know about capital growth though. I'd much prefer Alex Hills to Capalaba, one suburb in towards the bay. Ormiston has some good buys too, though a bit more expensive, and Birkdale is nice with good buys. Ormiston and Birkdale on the train line too.

thanks. i was just looking for new or almost new (less than 5 years) properties around that area and there are some in capalaba, not sure about Alex Hills or surrounding.

but after checking the price i feel the brand new ones are just way too expensive.

Back