Capitalism Explained

You guys are very nice, smart people and i am really enjoying debating with you, when i really should be reading realestatedotcom or turning over my defunct vegie garden.

You guys are very nice, smart people and i am really enjoying debating with you, when i really should be reading realestatedotcom or turning over my defunct vegie garden.

Not me, I'mm an idio :confused:t who asks inane questions despite nearing 6000 posts:confused::p

Don't you date tell me I'm wrong, i have it on higher authority than yours !

Ain't that right D ?

Not me, I'mm an idio :confused:t who asks inane questions despite nearing 6000 posts:confused::p

Don't you date tell me I'm wrong, i have it on higher authority than yours !

Ain't that right D ?

Here's a thought for you, Jaycee - One of the smartest men on the planet is a guy with an IQ of 190 who works as a night club bouncer. Of course, everybody with an IQ of 100 who hears that says "the guy must be stupid!" ...despite the fact that he, uh, has an IQ of 190.

Here's a thought for you, Jaycee - One of the smartest men on the planet is a guy with an IQ of 190 who works as a night club bouncer. Of course, everybody with an IQ of 100 who hears that says "the guy must be stupid!" ...despite the fact that he, uh, has an IQ of 190.

Hey, I'm not the one who said it !

Do not compare your economic mistakes to what is happening over there.

In case you missed the point (which most people "got") was the comparison of individual economic mistakes to the Greek government economic mistakes.

Some of us learnt from our mistakes - others haven't - and I wouldn't say going bankrupt several times over a short period in history is learning from your past mistakes.

Granted - there is much more involved that scratching on the surface, and I do feel compassion for those suffering, but I retain the ability to "have a laugh" ... even in hindsight at my own misfortunes.

It was explained that the having a laugh intentionally or not got to sounding derogatory and hurtful. That was really all.

I read the 77 year old's suicide note, it's on the net in both Greek and English

Having a laugh at people right now might not be them most appropriate thing to do.

Just saying. No sarcasm/malice etc intended.

Well - we had a laugh at every other country that was used as a capitalism example so why get picky about one country? Don't answer - we know your party pooper reasons.

It's the Australian thing - to have a laugh at ourselves and others. There is not enough laughter in the world, and in many cases, it's either laugh or cry.

Getting rather tired of a mere three people being oversensitive, out of an entire forum, and derailing the jist of threads.

Well - we had a laugh at every other country that was used as a capitalism example so why get picky about one country? Don't answer - we know your party pooper reasons.

It's the Australian thing - to have a laugh at ourselves and others. There is not enough laughter in the world, and in many cases, it's either laugh or cry.

Getting rather tired of a mere three people being oversensitive, out of an entire forum, and derailing the jist of threads.

WOW just WOW !

Spot on!!!

I am getting rather tired of a bunch of people being insensitive, but hey if your party is more important that people suffering then kudos to you.
God bless and all the rest to ya.

Happy laughing :D:D:D:D:

Much better to have everyone agree on matters. Discussions shouldn't be disrupted by dissent ;)

IQ tests only test for what you would score on an IQ test, not intelligence

Ah well - being a Kiwi I guess I could've taken massive offence at the impling that my cuzzies and bros all sheep rooters ... but it was funny.

Never lose the ability to have a laugh - makes the world a friendlier place.

Ah well - being a Kiwi I guess I could've taken massive offence at the impling that my cuzzies and bros all sheep rooters ... but it was funny.

Never lose the ability to have a laugh - makes the world a friendlier place.

lizzie, if I made the kiwi joke and you explained why it was intentionally / unintentionally offensive, I'd have tried to understand you and not ridicule you for it.

As mentioned clearly enough by not only me, the some jokes were not funny, but rather a little on the nasty side while sensitive things are happening - like OA said, a 77 yr old who had taken full responsibility for himself all his life just committed suicide for reasons explained in his suicide note which is plastered all over the web now. It's hurtful to read that suicide note then to read people laughing at Greek people for being irresponsible & stupid and this whole thing their fault. I find this a sad story and representative of many Greek's situations. I have close relatives living there, it's hard to see humour in this sort of hunger / death thing and therefore laugh laugh at jokes about the people suffering in it......

No sarcasm or malice intended again

Even though it is sad...anybody who commits suicide over money, has more issues than money. (mental problems)

The fact he did it in a public place, is a abusive act on his part.

For the rest of the "sensitive people" ..lighten up, or don't bother reading this thread.

This was a funny thread.
Everyone knows the sheep jokes..and two headed ones from Tasmania.
So what !!

Back