Capitalism Explained

It's more important because in a democracy, the majority rules.

If 5 people are offended, and 900 enjoy the joke, it makes sense that the 5 sensitive petals huddle together in the corner and have a good cry together, be sick, whatever it takes.....and leave the other 900 to enjoy themselves, rather than try and dictate to the majority to shut everything down.

Exactly right, so why does the minority try and silence the majority. Go and read something else if it upsets you. The internet is a big place, plenty to read.

It certainly is on a deliberate and obvious joke thread, right from the get go.

I agree with you Lizzie - the PC on SS, just like in wider society, is BS. The petals running around gagging everyone for fear of being offended.....what a crock. Flog of to some corner and have a good cry.....tragic alright.

Seriously great post. Kudos!!!

Thought I'd put it up there one more time for posterity.

I did enjoy the thread and had a good laugh, including what was said about the Greeks. You see I am not Greek or have anything to do with the Greeks. But then I started to see there are people offended by the jokes. The evolving argument was educational for me into the problems in Greece, which I knew not much about. And I can see where the 'sensitive' minority are coming from.

It doesn't upset me actually. I would repeat the Greek jokes to a friend at work and have a giggle. But if there is someone who is upset by it in the room at the time, I'd stop instead of telling him to 'don't have to listen, **** off and leave the room'.

Internet is a big place but I'd like to think the forum is more like a room at a workplace, where people have something in common to be in there in the first place.

Anyway petals or not this is me posting my point of view Dazz and Lizzie. You guys are intelligent people and I personally have learned much from your posts. Majority decides what happens next in a democracy, always. But the essence of a democracy is that anyone has a voice and listen to others, not to 'rule'.

No.....it's a joke thread. These are jokes taking the p**s like most jokes do.

It's the same as someone said earlier. If you don't like it leave.

You can't go to a comedian performance and get up and squeel that it upsets you can you? You get up and leave.

It's the petals who have turned this thread into something far more than originally intended.

I agree its a joke thread.

I dont agree that the somersoft forum is a democracy, or that something is right just because the majority think so.

Back