Car Insurance

Hi All,

Just recently received a renewal policy for my 2010 car from AAMI for nearly $1100 (been their customer for more than 5 years). I'm so upset and do the online quote with Coles insurance which is $300 less than AAMI. But problem is I heard about bad things about Coles Insurance (google: coles insurance review).

Can anyone recommend a cheaper premium than AAMI but provide a good & reliable service? If anyone can share their experience, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
We've moved our car insurance to Youi and saved about $300. I think we can choose our repairer, but not certain, but that is not important to me.

I did well with Youi, but there's so many variables with car insurance. Iselect.com.au can compare a few insurers, but they appear to be mostly companies I haven't heard of.

I was surprised by the coles reviews, as my other dealings with wesfarmers insurance have been excellent. I had a hunch that no one is ever satisfied when they claim... sure enough google the same for HBF car, RAC car, GIO - the results are all equally poor

I had a claim with Youi not long after I started with them. A brand new car and somebody backed into my car when it was in the car park. Fortunately they left details. Although the other driver was at fault I arranged the car repair through Youi. I had to go through one of their nominated repairers but that wasn't a problem for me. Everything was smooth. I didn't have the option of a courtesy vehicle but I was able to get taxi fares to and from. I was quite satisfied all up.

I'm with RACV.

My car is insured for $5k more than it's worth, and I pay less than $700/year.

I had many quotes through other companies and none would match the agreed value, plus they all came in over $1,000 - with around $1,000 excess because I'm under 25 even though I have a rating 1.

I use to be with A.AMI a few years ago before i got a cmpy car.
After 2 write offs,i was pretty impressed at the quick turn around/service.

So my post is applicable to Rolfs post ie:
price service and quality

choose any 2

Cheers Spades.

Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

In regards to youi, is it you only buy based on what you need. For example, if you mention you normally used the car to work in the morning on the weekdays only. So, this is what you paid for the policy.
A question raised, what about the accident happen at night on the weekend? Is youi still cover this and willing to pay you?

I'll give racv ago. It's just the fact that when I tried the online quote, they asked too many personal detail that I don't want to disclose initially (scared to be bombarded with their ads to my personal detail).

Thanks all.

I was with Youi for my last 2 cars 2000 commodore then a 2003 318i bmw ..BMW obviously NOT one of Youi's favourite choices because BMW insurance ( underwritten by Allianz) have come back CHEAPER by $2 per month for my brand spanking new 320i :eek: Given the new car is worth ~ 3 x the old one i was shocked to say the least. I actually questions the dealership and poured over the policy.

Rang Youi to compare and they almost told me I was lying at BMW insurance's price. Get who I chose? ( And I moved our PPOR contents away from them too..just out of spite :)

So I guess, you just have to ring around.

both bingle and aami are owned by suncorp, just different brands targeted at different markets. they use the same repair centers

i recently got my renewals from aami, and for one car i wasn't able to find anything even close to the price, most started at 300 above, but then for another car Suncorp ended up being cheaper by about 150-200

so shop around, and when you find something cheaper - see how much aami will be able to knock off the price.

Back