Car Insurance

SGIO are running adds (in WA) that promise to beat any other insurers written quote by 10%.

Ring around get some quotes and give it a go. Just be mindful of the excess but in some cases you can have a higher excess and a lower premium.

so shop around, and when you find something cheaper - see how much aami will be able to knock off the price.

I've done this last year. They gave me the discount last year and also warned me that they will not offer me any discount again in the future. :(

Not sure if this is just a threat or they are really mean it.

Hi All,

Just recently received a renewal policy for my 2010 car from AAMI for nearly $1100 (been their customer for more than 5 years). I'm so upset and do the online quote with Coles insurance which is $300 less than AAMI. But problem is I heard about bad things about Coles Insurance (google: coles insurance review).

Can anyone recommend a cheaper premium than AAMI but provide a good & reliable service? If anyone can share their experience, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
$1000 :eek:

What sort of car and value is it, and what age are you and are you a male?

We own an 09 Kluger AWD, and our last bill was just over $500. Both of us are over 40 years old.

Car is worth maybe $30k? (Wouldn't know)

$1000 :eek:

What sort of car and value is it, and what age are you and are you a male?

We own an 09 Kluger AWD, and our last bill was just over $500. Both of us are over 40 years old.

Car is worth maybe $30k? (Wouldn't know)

The car is worth $19k.
May I know your who are you with in terms of car insurance?

I've been told that your premium will also based on your location (instead of the value of the car).

Thanks.

The car is worth $19k.

I've been told that your premium will also based on your location (instead of the value of the car).

Thanks.
Many things can influence the cost of your insurance- not all companies though will take all possible factors into account. For me, the factors which they asked about were my age, driving record, who else would be driving the car,their driving record, where it was located, whether it was garaged at night, where it was parked during the day, how many km you drive- and possibly other factors I've forgotten.

The car is worth $19k.

Thanks.
$1000 for $19k seems very high to me - depends a lot on type of car, your age and gender. 18-25 year old males (and especially in performance cars) get reamed big time.

My insurance is with Capricorn Mutual, which is an associated company of Capricorn - a company that provides many services and benefits to the automotive industry.

You can only get access to it if you are in the industry, and it enables its Members to buy shares and they pay dividends on those shares.

Every dollar I spend with a Capricorn associated company earns me points, which I then convert into their shares.

Last 3 years have been well over 10% fully franked, and I reinvest the dividends into more shares...I treat it like a superannuation policy; never use the dollars for spending; just shares and reinvest.

Hence, I try to use them for everything - car, house, phone/internet, insurance, car parts, tyres, etc - even travel.

I just insured a newly acquired 2010 XR6 (19K agreed value) for under $400 with APIA.

Of course, that means I'm an old bugger (over 50....just).
Saved a little off other quotes I got from AAMI & Co.

It will certainly depend on your age/driving record/location/driving habits.

In my case, everything is in my favour as I don't even drive to work any more due to retired (at the moment), so not many kms travelled and live in outer fringe.

My aforementioned 320i is just over $500 for the year with Allianz with 2 year new car replacement . I too am over 45 and have no imaged no under 30 yo drivers.

Agree $1000 sound a lot

My aforementioned 320i is just over $500 for the year with Allianz with 2 year new car replacement . I too am over 45 and have no imaged no under 30 yo drivers.

Agree $1000 sound a lot

Is Allianz good/responsive?
I mean whether Allianz will do what they promised, without any hassle?
Thanks.

Back