car parking infringement tax deductible by company?

when people get parking fines, is it tax deductible by the company, if the penalty was issued when u are out doing things for your company?

No fines are deductible - except for interest charged by the Australian Taxation Office on late payment of tax - called the general interest charge (GIC).

Because Mr. ATO says so. :p Fines aren't a necessity to produce income, they are issued because you are being naughty. :)

As Monalisa said, no penalties are deductible, except for interest charged by ATO.

The ATO mereley collects tax.

The courts deny fines and penalties as a matter of public policy, Madad Pty Ltd v FCT.

The ITAA denies statutory fines and penalties, s.26-5.

Cheers,

Rob

No they are not ...but I know a number of people who claim them as "Miscellaneous Vehicle Expenses"
:cool:

I am sure if this particular company ever gets audited, "Miscellaneous Vehicle Expenses" will be just a speck of the "grey accounting" that goes on there. :confused:

I think there was a case about 10 years ago where a drug dealer had his money seized by (or stolen by) police and he claimed it as a deduction for work related expenses.

Sorry, not relevant, but i thought i would throw it in anyway.

I think there was a case about 10 years ago where a drug dealer had his money seized by (or stolen by) police and he claimed it as a deduction for work related expenses.

Sorry, not relevant, but i thought i would throw it in anyway.

Yeah i think the dealer was allowed the deduction from memory... lol

Back