carbon tax thread

That is absolutely ridiculous!:eek:

There was nothing racist, and noone got particularly insulting.

Well at least if anyone wants to join in they don't have to read 58 odd pages!

I often don't have the time to read back over if it's past 6 or 7 pages.

So...where were we.....

Regards Jo

On the subject of this:

I have a friend that is a valuer. This friend has been asked to submit a report I assume to The Valuers General, describing...How Climate Change and Sea-Level Rises have affected the values of waterfront properties along Avoca Beach, Wamberal Beach, Terrigal Beach and Forresters Beach.
Obviously, the "perception" of massive sea-level rises WILL affect pricing along waterfront properties. Especially when you have a Mayor like the Mayor of Gosford Council with his hands financially involved in a green company.

But how can you be asked as a valuer of properties, to CONFIRM sea-level rises?

The question itself is extremely misleading. As my friend said, the questions are coming from "the top down."

You can bet this has gone to all Valuers and it will be interesting to see what is released in their final report to RP Data.

You can also bet the hysteria will spread to all waterfront properties...if it hasn't already.

Regards JO

If you can find someone willing to sell their Potts Point property for less because of rising sea levels - please send them my way.

oh, by the way. My property on the central coast was about 100m to the sand. I would have been flooded in a year or 2. ;)

actually, that's why i sold. I now live on a hill in Marrickville.

On the subject of this:

You can bet this has gone to all Valuers and it will be interesting to see what is released in their final report to RP Data.

You can also bet the hysteria will spread to all waterfront properties...if it hasn't already.

Regards JO

Still can't believe that bumbling fool Wayne Swan is our treasurer. He should be sacked and replaced by someone more competent.

hehehehehe. right on cue, Labor's partner in crime the ABC, comes up with this week's reason for higher taxes

The Hendra Virus CRISIS!!!!

egads, I am one GreenLeft crisis away from a personal crisis. :rolleyes:

Suffice it to say, the Hendra Virus proliferation is arguably due to GreenLabor wanting to preserve the artificially high population of bats more than horses and dogs. Yet another example of ignorant leftie do gooders having consequences everyone else but them can foresee.

The voters will accept the carbon tax according to Tony "war criminal" Bliar.

Bliar and Juliar, it just rolls off the tongue.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...n-tax-tony-blair/story-fn59niix-1226103022691

I tend to like Tony Blair. I think his judgement on many things is reasonable. However, I disagree with him that voters will accept a carbon tax carte blanche. IMHO, they'll only accept something they understand and that is not so convoluted and deliberately misrepresented as GreenLabor's tax.

The carbon tax thread was closed by the right wing. How ironic.
Or maybe how appropriate.

Good on you TC.

No, it just got more tediously repetitive than even an iron-clad moderator could stomach. And that is indeed saying something.

Anyone else get the feeling we are slowing heading more and more toward communism under Labor and the Greens.

So now these authorities will have search warrant powers.
The Soviets and Chinese probably started as well with a "feel good" idiology about something.

Carbon cop handed tough new powers

A NEW carbon cop will be given sweeping powers to enter company premises, compel individuals to give self-incriminating evidence and copy sensitive records under a carbon tax package that will force about 60,000 businesses to pay 6c a litre extra for fuel.

The tough new powers of the Clean Energy Regulator were included in the fine detail of the carbon tax package released yesterday

Inspectors working for the regulator will be able to obtain warrants to search premises of companies covered by the act and search or examine any activity on site as well as copy documents.

Anyone else get the feeling we are slowing heading more and more toward communism under Labor and the Greens.

So now these authorities will have search warrant powers.
The Soviets and Chinese probably started as well with a "feel good" idiology about something.

Carbon cop handed tough new powers

snap20110729094534002.png

A postcard from John!!!

Miss me yet?

That change you wanted. .. . how's it going?

All this sort of stuff has become the main aim of the Watermelon Party, the original Green founders are/would be disgusted with where the party they founded is heading.

The environment has become their excuse to control the populous, hence the campaign to gag and censor any dissenting media and to brain wash our children (in my case grandchildren) in our schools.

All has a terrible similarity to the communist party from whence the new Green MPs came.

More Labor Government lies trying to scare people into believing their Carbon Tax is about the environment & not just about revenue raising.

more here

“We know the science tells us that we need to act on dangerous climate change,” Ms Plibersek said.

“The science shows us that the Central Coast faces the highest risk of inundation from sea level rise in NSW"

Ill-informed Tanya Plibersek scaremongering

more here

Back