Career change - Fitness Instructor PT - Yolo

By Alex. I do FIFO, most camps I'm at have an onsite health coordinator ( basically a pt ) they do things ranging from programs, fitness classes, entertainment/sport nights, charity fundraisers etc.
At my site there are 2 on a 8 days on 6 off roster earning about 80k pa.

Something to look into maybe?

I had a chat with one of them one day.
He was teaching fitness classes on his time off too.
Basically he puts a status on his facebook profile in which he says he will be in such park at such time and then he always gets a few people interested (usually ladies) given his network, then charges $100/h :eek:
He sells a few health products on the net as well, wheatgrass and that sorta stuff.
They are always somewhat annoyingly super healthy and good looking these coaches!

Yep. I agree 4/5 ips fully paid off by retirement age is achievable by most people. Buy & holds is the way to go for me. Pick up an ip every 3-5 years and/or when I can afford to buy and I should have a comfy retirement!

Thanks so much for your supportive and encouraging reply. I can relate to the comments you made about the movie. My sporting team plays a huge part in my life. I have been involved playing, volunteering, belonging to my sporting family for over 20 years and feel valued and respected. When I learn some knew skills and gain some experience from studying the cert 3/4, I want to give back even more to my club. Yeah so I need to keep perspective and realise that I'll get my job satisfaction/fulfilment in life from after hours activities & casual work. :)

Seriously I think this is a great way forward for you. We read lots of threads here about doing this renovating or that development and making buckets of money, which is great and inspirational. It's also hard work, risky and does take a certain type of person to pull it off.

Not everybody can be the next young gun, or go from 1 to 130 properties in 3.5 years. *Despite these people often saying they're not special, they do have certain personality types and attitudes that allow them to achieve these result. *Not everyone has this ability regardless of what they learn or who helps them.

However it doesn't take that much to do better than the average person, you just need to do something and stick with it. *Periodically and consistently buying an IP within your means does deliver results. *Imagine owning 4 or 5 IPs outright by retirement age. *This is actually achievable for most people.

All you have to do is take the steps to actually buy the IPs, then take 20 years for the rent to pay them off. *It's not rocket science and does deliver financial success in retirement. *The trick is getting started, then staying the course over the long term. *It takes a little sacrifice and patience, but it is very low risk and not really that hard.

I've seen people with challenges have incredible success. *I've also seen people with challenges take some risks that they weren't ready for and end up in a downward spiral, constantly trying one thing after another. *The evidence is right here on the forum if you dig for it.

If you're happy and comfortable where you are, that's not a bad thing. *Challenges are good but this doesn't have to be around taking financial risks, they can be personal as well. *Financial security is also achievable for anyone if they can figure it out, but not everyone can or has to become a tycoon.

Live your life for yourself because you only get to do it once, you don't have to impress anyone but yourself. *Reach for the moon. *You may be disappointed that you only made it into the sky at first, but give it time and you reach the stars. *Most of all be happy.

If you feel like watching a movie, watch "Mr Hollands Opus". *It's about a musician who wants to write music and conduct on the national and international stage. *He takes a teaching job temporarily whilst he's writing his first opus. *His wife gets pregnant, life presents it's challenges and gets in the way so he has to keep working at the high school teaching music. *The whole time he's saying he'll be out of there in a few years once he gets it together.

On his retirement from the same music teaching job at the high school, his current and prior students finally play his opus. *He realize that whilst he hasn't achieved the original success he dreamed of, he's touched hundreds of lives and has left a legacy.

By Alex. I do FIFO, most camps I'm at have an onsite health coordinator ( basically a pt ) they do things ranging from programs, fitness classes, entertainment/sport nights, charity fundraisers etc.
At my site there are 2 on a 8 days on 6 off roster earning about 80k pa.

Something to look into maybe?

I applied for that type of role years ago. Probably lucky I didn't get it as I would have kicked people out of my gym if all they did was abs and biceps. It probably would have smelt like a dungeon too.

Back