Carl Williams dead.

pleased to say i now don't have to contribute towards paying for him to be in jail for the next 30 years - doesn't it cost something like $80k a year per prisoner?

no great loss to society.

Wouldn't have cost you a cent Lizzie. Vic state govt is paying the bill down there

Cheers,

1) he's in solitary for 23 hours a day
2) he's let out of solitary one hour a day for exercise - six hours a day exercise IS NOT solitary - so it's either one or the other.... he was in solitary OR he was not.
3) he exercises with only 2 other inmates who are also in solitary confinement.
4) how do inmates with no outside contact get a hold of an exercise bike handle when no exercise bikes are present in the courtyard?
5) i call insider job - he was knocked off by the screws with a truncheon to the side of the head - they make a mark (and are shaped like ) an exercise bike handle....no?
6) why did it take 48 hours to charge someone caught on CCTV and when officers of the state were less than 10m away and witnessed the event....?

1) he's in solitary for 23 hours a day
2) he's let out of solitary one hour a day for exercise - six hours a day exercise IS NOT solitary - so it's either one or the other.... he was in solitary OR he was not.
3) he exercises with only 2 other inmates who are also in solitary confinement.
4) how do inmates with no outside contact get a hold of an exercise bike handle when no exercise bikes are present in the courtyard?
5) i call insider job - he was knocked off by the screws with a truncheon to the side of the head - they make a mark (and are shaped like ) an exercise bike handle....no?
6) why did it take 48 hours to charge someone caught on CCTV and when officers of the state were less than 10m away and witnessed the event....?

I read somewhere and quoted 'locked up 23 hours a day' but could be wrong - this could have been the arrangement last week or last year.

Different units in prisons have different levels of 'high' security and prisoners can at times still mix with others and have exercise equipment available to them..

I'd say Williams wasn't in the absolute highest security.

Nothing here sounds irregular to me. Prisons are full of 'weapons' made from approved prison items, and prisoners that have killed and would be prepared to kill again (given the right conditions).

I
Nothing here sounds irregular to me. Prisons are full of 'weapons' made from approved prison items, and prisoners that have killed and would be prepared to kill again (given the right conditions).

Too right. I saw a program on Foxtel about home made weapons in prisons. The most astounding was poison darts and spikes made out of paper.... yes paper. Cant remember how they made them now but they were as stong and as lethal as any sharp pointed metalic object.

I cant remember the rest of the weapons now, but the paper ones absolutely amazed me. So ingenious. Pity these people didnt put their obviously outstanding improvisation skills to a more productive and legal use.

I'm sure it's just a complete coincidence that he was alleged to have been giving information to uncover corrupt cops- and the security guards completely ignored him.

It struck me as ironic that people are saying how people should not get murdered in prison. And that the family may get compensation as a result.

Hell, people get murdered in the streets and in their homes, but prisoners should be kept safe in a gaol full of murderers and rapists?

Anyone who conspires to murder a father in front of their children at a school soccer match (even if it was a Moran) deserves something like this. Karma.

It struck me as ironic that people are saying how people should not get murdered in prison. And that the family may get compensation as a result.

Hell, people get murdered in the streets and in their homes, but prisoners should be kept safe in a gaol full of murderers and rapists?

Anyone who conspires to murder a father in front of their children at a school soccer match (even if it was a Moran) deserves something like this. Karma.

I hope his family doesn't get compensation. What a joke if they did.

So a person who murdered god knows how many people, traumatised god knows how many others (children who witnessed the murders etc), caused the government millions of dollars in policing to catch him, 10's of thousands a year to keep locked up, fed and watered................now deserves to have compensation payed out (of taxpayers money) to his family?

Did he have all his ill gotten gains confescated by the government when convicted? Does anyone know?

I think his family should get zip.......its not like he was earning an income and was supporting a family.

I dont know the ins and outs of the story, but what has intrigued me is that his wife divorced him, yet still ran around in the media, living off his name. I heard this morning that she claimed they were going to get remarried and have artificial insemination to have another child.

Or did she divorce him in order to keep half of his blood money so the government couldnt get their hands on it.

I refuse to consider that the ratings for Underbelly 3 have been that underwhelming that Ch 9 took matters into their own hands and arranged some publicity...

I completely agree! I also don't see why it's such a surprise??

You get yourself caught up in that sort of stuff you're going to get killed!

I hope his family doesn't get compensation. What a joke if they did.

Did he have all his ill gotten gains confescated by the government when convicted? Does anyone know?

I think his family should get zip.......its not like he was earning an income and was supporting a family.

I dont know the ins and outs of the story, but what has intrigued me is that his wife divorced him, yet still ran around in the media, living off his name. I heard this morning that she claimed they were going to get remarried and have artificial insemination to have another child.

Or did she divorce him in order to keep half of his blood money so the government couldnt get their hands on it.

It would be a joke.

As for the mother, she's a dirty little trash bag! Has anyone seen photo's etc of her? Ew.

Now that you've said that she divorced him to keep half his money, i agree. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

It struck me as ironic that people are saying how people should not get murdered in prison.

I agree, when we found out about this, a work colleague of mine was horrified that someone was murdered in prison because they are supposed to be protected (her brother has been in jail). I am not safe on the streets and I've done nothing wrong, why should a criminal be entitled to better safety than me? :confused: :mad:

I agree, when we found out about this, a work colleague of mine was horrified that someone was murdered in prison because they are supposed to be protected (her brother has been in jail). I am not safe on the streets and I've done nothing wrong, why should a criminal be entitled to better safety than me? :confused: :mad:

Apparently i have to spread some love around before giving it to you again..

But i agree 100%!!

I mean, he's a murderer!! Not like he stole some bread! He killed people and ruined families, may he burn.

I feel for the daughter though.

It's because people don't understand, they remember catch cries and phrases.
Like with terms like "freedom of speech"

Protection exists... There's security levels, checks, guards etc. There's rules as to what is allowable and isn't allowable. There's punishment for not obeying the rules. There's different rules about who may / may not get put where.

That's it. That's the protection. No one said it was perfect.

I can't beleive the bloody celebrity attraction of the whole thing

who bloody cares if it was an inside job or how why whatver

I guess we gossip for lack of a better word, I hope it's not care factor cause we talk a hell of a lot less about child murders etc than this sort of thing.

Hmmmm....taking the easy option out and going against the Law to make a living sure does have pretty bad outcomes....

Williams side of the equation

Father on his last legs
Mother suicided - dead
Eldest son overdosed - dead
Youngest son murdered in jail - dead
Wife - divorced

Moran side of the equation

Step-father murdered - dead
Father murdered - dead
Mother in jail on murder charges
Uncle murdered - dead
Son murdered - dead
Another son murdered - dead

Dunno about yáll, but future long term prosperity in that industry, IMO sux.

Listening to some of the $ figures floating around, it all sounded a bit Mickey Mouse to me. Better off concentrating on investing, you'll be far in front....and probably alive to enjoy it all.

Back