carpet for rentals

Hi all
Does anyone know of a good carpet eg. colour,brand,type... that would be appealing and practical for IP's?
regards
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Go for a cheap brand in a synthetic (nylon or nylon/wool blend) sisal carpet- looks good and is modern too. I used a boring beige/greeny colour- great for colour matching to anything really. Look around at all prices before you buy and check out seconds places etc. You'll save money here. Good luck! Cheers, Jacque :)

Reply: 1.1

G'day Simon & Julie,

Be sure to check with Brent H too, won't you. Search on "carpet" and look for "Wanting IP carpet cheap" posting.

Could be well worth your while,

Regards,

Les

- "Eschew Obfuscation" - ;^)

Reply: 1.1.1

Ooooh, do you HAVE to lay carpet?, I HATE carpet, nasty stuff, messy, easily stained, yucky yucky. How about a nice bit of polished floor board, or floorboard looking lino?

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1.1.1

You put lino in the lounge?

Tenants are happy with that?

Jas
>
> Ooooh, do you HAVE to lay carpet?, I HATE carpet, nasty stuff, messy,
> easily stained, yucky yucky. How about a nice bit of polished floor
board,
> or floorboard looking lino?
>

Reply: 1.1.1.2

I agree with the wife on this. Carpet is far too prone to damage and staining. I would consider putting down timber styled lino. With the some of the stuff that's coming out it is very difficult to differentiate it from real timber, and at the end of the day all you do is mop it!!!!
No steam cleaning either!!! BTW tenants LOVE the polished floorboard look!!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

yeah, give them the business card of a "going broke, must sell out TODAY $50,000.00 rug for $150.00", rug seller.

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Back