Carrum Downs

Hi Nate,
I bought an IP in CD off plan. It nearly finish. Any suggestion about a good property manager in Carrum Downs?

Righteous Toss,
I personally quite happy with Carrum Downs' performance. As Natedog said, the price is still affordable, the price is going up (stable increase), good rental return, eastlink, close to the beach, and if you search in RE, there are not too many vacant rental properties (around 40/ page 4). Frankston has around 200 (up to page 20) but off course Frankston is bigger then CD. I don't say Frankston is bad, it is good location. It's just me saying that eventhough people say CD is not good location, I do believe that CD is performing well as well. After all CD is just next door to frankston.

Chara

hey hey. Interesting reading what you guys have been discussing about CD. I am thinking of investing in Seaford. For info, where is the treatment farm in CD?
Cheers

hey hey. Interesting reading what you guys have been discussing about CD. I am thinking of investing in Seaford. For info, where is the treatment farm in CD?
Cheers

Thompsons Road from memory. I did some consulting to Melb. Water a few years ago.

The treatment plant has tons of chlorine. It is not advertised that this is actually a risk. The risk is considered small because the chances of a full leak are small but the impact to the area and even areas as far as Frankson is disastrous. Even so, they have a disaster plan centred around which way the wind is blowing.

Message from the Agent

"no worries as there is a heap of buyers who want to check out the property. I feel that you will let a Golden Opourtunity slip by'

Hope he isn't right

This is the type of comments from REA that give me the ****s. Ok, someone doesn't agree with their view about one property, so you need to validate yourself by saying, don't worry, there are plenty others of you that want it. You're the one that is going to miss out.

What a schmuck :mad:

Cheers
Hi Carl, the sewer treatment plant is located in the suburb of Greater Dandenong which is north of CD. Past comments regarding the plant
have generally been about the odour which some claim from time to time.

CD does not have a sewerage plant.

SS

Any new thoughts on Carrum Downs, Guys?
I'm getting much interest due to the connectivity (Dande-Frankston Rd, East link and South Gips HWY via Thompsons Rd), affordability and closer to beach (10 minutes). One of my friends currently live there and he is generally happy with the current setting. He is very close to the Masters and soon to open Bunnings (Clifton Park estate). He still enjoys shopping in Frankston and Dandenong both being within 15 minutes driving. Although there is no train station, the bus services are great, 7-8 minutes to nearest station. He likes the Banyan Fields Primary school and the Local Village shopping centre is just over 3 minutes walk. Not much to complain!

It's funny reading posts from myself 7 years ago! So combative! Lucky I grew up and chilled out :)

We still own the same original house we had in CD we bought 10 years ago.

Was our PPOR back in 2005 moved out of it in 2010 and has been rented out with no issues at all.

The new Kmart is almost finished construction at "the downs" shopping centre, bunnings soon to open, brand new macdonalds opened last year at the downs also.

I reckon the area still offers good value for IP's at the cheap end of the spectrum.

It has not had any noticeable spike in prices in the last 5 years so it could be due a little love from the CG gods as it trickles out wards from more popular areas!

The goods are smiling.....the price of land and supply in CD are down...

It's funny reading posts from myself 7 years ago! So combative! Lucky I grew up and chilled out :)

We still own the same original house we had in CD we bought 10 years ago.

Was our PPOR back in 2005 moved out of it in 2010 and has been rented out with no issues at all.

The new Kmart is almost finished construction at "the downs" shopping centre, bunnings soon to open, brand new macdonalds opened last year at the downs also.

I reckon the area still offers good value for IP's at the cheap end of the spectrum.

It has not had any noticeable spike in prices in the last 5 years so it could be due a little love from the CG gods as it trickles out wards from more popular areas!

Wow

This thread revival got me interested in seeing what's going on in Carrum downs at the moment.

Did a search and there arr 60 properties for sale (3 bed houses) and 40 of them under contract!!!

It's on the move people, finally!

Or is it just Sash buying up half the suburb lol!!

Good signs for some growth at least I reckon.

Hi Carl, the sewer treatment plant is located in the suburb of Greater Dandenong which is north of CD. Past comments regarding the plant
have generally been about the odour which some claim from time to time.

CD does not have a sewerage plant.

SS

40% of Melbourne's sewerage gets treated on the corner of Worsley Rd and Thompson Rd. Line of sight this is approximately 3.3km north of CD.

I know that people living in Patterson lakes smell it if the wind is blowing the wrong way.

I lived in CD for 5 years and don't remember getting the waft of sewerage. I drive past the treatment plant every day on Worsley road or eastlink and its usually really hot days that its smell is more obvious, but its only really in close proximity to it when driving past that it smells.

Hi

I have lived in the area since 1982. For some of that time (over 20 years worth) I have lived in Patterson Lakes which is very close to the treatment plant on Thompson Rd. The smells from the treatment plant were terrible in the 80's especially on hot nights or nights when the wind travelled a particular direction, but several years ago the treatment plant spent a huge amount of money to assist in controlling the smells.:D

I have not smelt anything in Patterson Lakes from the treatment plant since what must be at least 2007. For some reason the estates of Carrum Downs were not as exposed to the smells as was Patterson Lakes in the 80's which is amazing considering they are both similar distances to the treatment plant.

I don't think anyone purchasing in Carrum Downs needs to worry about the treatment plant in regards to smells.

Regards,

alicudi

Back