Cars agents drive

Saw this ad in the local property mag for a real estate agent. Want a ****.

reagent.jpg

Why would they think we care what they drive?
I just want a good price. I dont want to have to think about whether the real estate agent has to gouge me to get a higher commision to fund their lifestyle choice.

Lots of people have fancy cars.
What does their house look like?

It always amazes me..people spend 10K on a mobile home,but 25K on a truck.

If only being an agent was really that prestigious and glamourous.

I think driving the "w*nker" cars is helping them get through their miserable day dealing with people telling them lies, buyers like us crunching them on price, and vendors wanting the earth for their dogbox.

But I can't help laughing (to myself) when I see them in those cars and think; that's another I.P deposit right there.

Last edited:
If you were living in L.A you would be arrested for saying that. It IS about the car; didn't you know that you are what you drive??

hehehe...then i am stuffed, at 6'4" and 110 kilos i look a bit odd in most small cars and to be driving a big bulky muscle car would attract the usual comments about appendages etc...to drive a luxury car gets comments about showing off...i can't win

I was sort of hoping in this new age era it would be about fuel conservation and the like - hence the jazz - off to wash my mouth out now!!:D

it is morgans run by sid morgan. very successful agency. they make biggest sale in castle hill. $3.8M. also very successful developer. only show porsche. not his other cars. and to person who ask his home on many acres and nicer than homes he sells. good on him. maybe people ask same of me. why u have bentley when we buy development. too much profit maybe. well they go do it. jazz is nice car but not for me. as long as u make profit then spend what u like. me cars and cigars. some people kids. all up to them.

Hiya,

Doesn't make a lot of sense to advertise the cars when trying to get new listings... All that says to me is that the agency charges too much and can afford to drop their commission ;)

So, is the ad looking for new staff, rather than new clients?

Perhaps I'm thinking in the wrong direction, but that was how I interpreted it.

Cheers

James.

I didn't notice the number plate at first look, and YES, it does look like Morons..... how embarrassing..... wonder if they realised that?

Wylie

I read it as "we get such high prices, we can afford to buy these cars"

still, yea, not an ad that gets my attention.. it's aimed at sellers who want to get the best prices i would imagine.

As a buyer, what sort of car do you prefer to see the agent rock up in? I know when I rang up one agent (I wanted to see him, and he was running very late), his wife took the call. She apologised as the hubby's car was being towed to the workshop (and he has left his mobile behind too!!). She was on the way to pick him up..... :eek:

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back