Case Studies Invited - Replacing PAYE income with PI without waiting 15 years+

Following on from an active and interesting thread where the topic of how full-time property investors generate sustainable cash returns which replace the need to seek a PAYE income – particularly when commercial property is not employed – this thread seeks out actual case study examples of how such income is manufactured. This thread was encouraged for initiation by the most gracious forum member Jim1964, who mentioned in the thread that he does manufacture such a full-time income from residential property without having to wait 15+ years for it to become sufficiently rent-accretive. So please, fire away with actual cast studies – Jim, perhaps you could lead the way with your story? I for one am most interested in how this is done, and to potentially replicate this type of success.

Regards,
Greg

Last edited:
I believe you have to find your niche market which one makes you money,two you are comfortable dealing with and three become the professional know all of the areas you are investing in.
I have tried the buy/hold,flip,build and sell with fairly limited success,yes,they made a profit but what drives me is to make a decent profit,replacing a high income so the 9 to 5 grind is a thing of the past.I found my niche in three formats

1)Buy and subdivide the house from the land,this creates multiple options depending on your exit strategy.

2)Buying multiple homes(that can be sub divided) on one title.

3)My favorite.Duplexes on one title.hard to find,but they are there if you keep your finger on the pulse.The options are multiplied and give you a greater base to work with.

My current yearly wage comes from the sale of one or two of the splits i have created.Then i just replicate it.This is a nutshell version,you need to calculate costs,CGT and the likes into the equation,but it can be done.

Yes,i get the separate titles,sell one to replace my wage and use the other one as security to replicate.Works a treat.Depending,i may sell both.i always have the 20% deposit then to get finance,sometimes i use banks,sometimes i fund the lot.

I believe you have to find your niche market which one makes you money,two you are comfortable dealing with and three become the professional know all of the areas you are investing in.
I have tried the buy/hold,flip,build and sell with fairly limited success,yes,they made a profit but what drives me is to make a decent profit,replacing a high income so the 9 to 5 grind is a thing of the past.I found my niche in three formats

1)Buy and subdivide the house from the land,this creates multiple options depending on your exit strategy.

2)Buying multiple homes(that can be sub divided) on one title.

3)My favorite.Duplexes on one title.hard to find,but they are there if you keep your finger on the pulse.The options are multiplied and give you a greater base to work with.

My current yearly wage comes from the sale of one or two of the splits i have created.Then i just replicate it.This is a nutshell version,you need to calculate costs,CGT and the likes into the equation,but it can be done.

a great example of Non organic capital gain !

This sort of thing allows for more control in what you want to do rather than waiting for market forces

ta
rolf

Back