Cash flow positive properties. Where do Dymphna & Helen Collier properties recommend

Can someone give me some ideas for safe-ish locations with potential for capital growth and positive cash flow so I can start doing some homework?
Recently I was able to get an old house for 230K ($275 pw rent) in West Wodonga. I think this area is safe-ish location with decent yield.

With your first project with EOS, projects they have been promoting to investors have all been returns of 20% profit on completion, so this did not happen, negative equity???

Second project is an estimate, have you checked out comparable sold properties??

I read this as the 1st is a standard IP and the 2nd was with EOS.

You thinking about making a play for this one?

No JT7, I'll definitely be purchasing in Brisbane but I think I'll go for something on a bigger block. Planning on flying up there in the next few weeks to have a look at Ipswich/Logan in person and hopefully get something over Christmas.

I like to add value so it'll have to be something a little more run down :p

Now that makes sense, as I thought EOS had not yet completed a project, be interested to see how it works out on completion.

THanks
MTR:)

No JT7, I'll definitely be purchasing in Brisbane but I think I'll go for something on a bigger block. Planning on flying up there in the next few weeks to have a look at Ipswich/Logan in person and hopefully get something over Christmas.

Hey OTV,

Yes it's a small block and I think for that price point you'd be looking at 600sqm.

Sounds like you have a plan in place. Best of luck and I hope everything goes well mate.

Let us know how you go.....

Yep, I am hoping they work out as they promise:D

I think they have completed a Karratha project, however, because the market has turned and prices and rents have fallen back, I think investors may get burnt with this project, mining towns always going to be higher risk.

This is reduced now to 188 and a good yield at 300 p week

They want it sold by 18 nov ;);)

http://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-gailes-114795299

Solid yield that's for sure. Any flooding issues....?

Looks like its in flood zone, but only just , almost right on the border, i would still go for it but plenty of people that wouldn't, perhaps then why it's taken a while to move, offer of 165 maybe?? Lol ;);)

Looks like its in flood zone, but only just , almost right on the border, i would still go for it but plenty of people that wouldn't, perhaps then why it's taken a while to move, offer of 165 maybe?? Lol ;);)

If you're of the higher risk type, it sounds as though you could low ball, then turn it around as the market takes it up. ;) Of course, I'm saying this without any prior investigation of the area etc.....

Positive Cash Flow Investment Properties ...

I am thinking of adding a cash flow property to my portfolio.
I always worry about the risk with these locations.
There are a lot of spruikers pushing the merits of cash flow properties. I have attended a couple of introductory courses but they never really say where they are telling their students to buy. Where are these locations???
I dont want to buy a mining town.

Can someone give me some ideas for safe-ish locations with potential for capital growth and positive cash flow so I can start doing some homework?

I am only new to this forum - not sure if you realise that Ipswich City Council has now relaxed the Planning Scheme to now allow 'Auxilliary Dwellings' or Granny Flats for investment purposes. We have built the first few new ones here in Ipswich and about to commence a number of other projects.
If you own an investment property in Ipswich, or are considering buying an investment property, Ipswich is the place to be doing some research. By adding a second dwelling it can make a negatively geared or neutral investment into a positive cash flow property.

The first couple we built, there was a queue to rent them!

Happy investing ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Any update on a purchase OTV...?

Hi JT, I did go up a few weeks ago to have a look at a few potential suburbs. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the morning I flew out to Brisbane we ended up buying a PPOR in Hobart and I promised my broker I wouldn't sign any more contracts :p

Now I have to wait till my SMSF set up is complete and will be buying something through that. Now that I've had a look around, I think Redcliffe offers more potential than Logan. Demographics seemed better and still low entry price. Train line will help too. If I have enough for a second one, I'll be looking at Ipswich next.

Hi JT, I did go up a few weeks ago to have a look at a few potential suburbs. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the morning I flew out to Brisbane we ended up buying a PPOR in Hobart and I promised my broker I wouldn't sign any more contracts :p

Now I have to wait till my SMSF set up is complete and will be buying something through that. Now that I've had a look around, I think Redcliffe offers more potential than Logan. Demographics seemed better and still low entry price. Train line will help too. If I have enough for a second one, I'll be looking at Ipswich next.

Congratulations on the new PPOR mate ;)

We did similar with our super and rolled over into a SMSF which holds the Ipswich property. Great strategy.

Redcliffe was high on my list as well so I think it's a good choice. When I was completing my DD on the peninsula I found some really great properties from Clontarf right up to Scarborough depending on your strategy.

Good sized blocks with very high land value.

Reminds me of the Northern Beaches down here in Sydney only not really taken off yet.

Best of luck OTV keep us posted mate I'd be very interested to see what you eventually got into... Redcliffe is a no brainer IMO ;)

Thanks JT :)

I liked Clontarf a lot actually, that'll be my first pick of the bunch. Not sure whether it's picked up now that Christmas is over but I went to an auction while I was there at the LJ Hooker office and the room was full of people but most were just watching. Only two out of five properties sold and one was at a decent loss to its previous sale price. So hopefully I still have a little time up my sleeve ;)

Rather than hijacking this thread I might pm you if I get to looking at Ipswich if you don't mind. Cheers!

Anyone can buy that in Darwin so thats just normal.
To me, cf+ is double rent to mortfage. Ie: 200k $400p/w rent

I grabbed one last year (6 year old 4/2/2 $280k Rent $330 wk) in Redbank Plains for our SMSF. Great depreciation. Would love to have been able to grab another but I think that window has now closed.

Back