Cash For Surveys

Hi All
Does anyone here fill in the on line surveys and get paid cash?
I caught the end of a story on the TV during the week about it and a young fella was picking up $ 200 per week by doing these surveys.
If you do this or know anything about it could you please share?
I reckon it would be a good lurk if its true
I did a google search and thousands of pages come up. I wouldnt have a clue where to start.
cheers
yadreamin

Hi All
Does anyone here fill in the on line surveys and get paid cash?
I caught the end of a story on the TV during the week about it and a young fella was picking up $ 200 per week by doing these surveys.
If you do this or know anything about it could you please share?
I reckon it would be a good lurk if its true
I did a google search and thousands of pages come up. I wouldnt have a clue where to start.
cheers
yadreamin

I did online ones, but I got sick of spending a lot of time doing them, and hardly any payment. Some of them go forever and are really boring. That guy getting $200 a week would be spending a LOT of time doing them - probably all week - the pay rate probably means he is getting less than $4 an hour - not worth it.

I also do the Focus Group stuff - I have been on a focus group to determine the marketing pattern for the Telstra 3 launch (we were all sworn to secrecy as the Govt hadnt announced it yet); Graham's Brothers Jewellery when it was re-badged as Mazzarellis (or something) and also Radio Rentals Computer Ads that now come with PC Doctor support for setup and ongoing problems. These usually pay around $100 cash for around 90 minutes of time are are quite good fun. They also give you nice food too.

LOL! I recently did a Market Research where I had to watch an hour of TV while they monitored my brain activity through a funny cap and I had to wear funny looking goggles. Got $100 for that.

I do the ones where they make you taste different stuff, or discussion groups about different things. Pay differs depending on what research it is, but generally around 75 bucks for a session (1.5h)

I always seem to miss out on beer tasting research, every time they call me I pick the wrong beer as my favorite.:D

I tried one of the online research sites but it took about 9 months to earn a measly $30.

Best money was a flu immunisation trial I did last year - not sure if I got the real thing or the placebo but two trips to the clinic earned me $300. Friend who is a doctor put me on to it. Hubby was REALLY cheesed off - he had had a free flu needle at work only the week before.
Marg

I am signed up for Pureprofile, and get a range of surveys - some weeks none, others a couple ranging in payment from a few cents to a few dollars, occassionaly some pay $20-$30 provided you fit the profile. Ususally they only take 5 or 10 minutes max, so you can easily do them while surfing the net (The more you are paid the longer they usually go for)

It adds up over time and on average I'd transfer $100-$150 to my account per year - which isn't too bad for something that doesn't require face to face interaction and generally isn't time consuming. Originally when I started years ago you couldn't take cash, but could take Dstore vouchers or donate to charity, so bought christmas presents and donated some to charity.

Don't do Qualified Opinions - they changed their payments to syndicate tickets in tattslotto.

Mystery shopping was something I did years ago - I'd never take my kids to Hungry Jacks or MacDonalds, but they were always on the Mystery shopping list so we'd get free food (be reimbursed for the food) and be paid $15 for the job. Also did jobs for Domino's pizza, Lenards chicken, Gloria Jeans, and Coffee Club. So not bad if you are out and about regularly.

I do have a friend who did a Telstra face to face survey and was paid $300 - it took her a whole morning (3 hours), and she had to drive into the city and pay for parking. It was an hours drive each way for her and parking cost her $40. I don't know which agency she was with to get this.

Cheers
Buddybee

Cheers
Buddybee

I also do the Focus Group stuff - I have been on a focus group to determine the marketing pattern for the Telstra 3 launch (we were all sworn to secrecy as the Govt hadnt announced it yet); Graham's Brothers Jewellery when it was re-badged as Mazzarellis (or something) and also Radio Rentals Computer Ads that now come with PC Doctor support for setup and ongoing problems. These usually pay around $100 cash for around 90 minutes of time are are quite good fun. They also give you nice food too.

How do I get onto this lurk?

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

I saw this ad on the Sydney Exchange site. It may not suit everyone though 'cos it's a sh*t of a job! :p -

Super Dooper Pooper Scoopers Needed! $20+ per hour Dog lovers with strong stomach needed. Work your own hours in your own area. Business stinks but we are picking up so we are looking for reliable, hardworking, responsible people who love working outdoors & love dogs? You will get a daily route of clients, drive to the house,walk the yard & scoop the poop,& drive on to the next house. Our ideal employee is an animal loving, self-motivated, highly dependable worker with a Drivers licence,vehicle & sense of humour. Good customer service skills are also very important. Full training, uniform & tools provided. Register your interest in preferred suburbs today. www.poopatrol.com.au

I have come to the conclusion that you would need to spend most of your day completing on line surveys to make just a few bucks.
Oh well, back to the drawing board.

By the way did anyone get to the seminar in Perth .
Make Money while you sleep.

I would be interested to hear what it was all about.

cheers
yadreamin

did mystery shopping for around 9 months last year. the work was good - but so many people do ms that it is a real scrabble for jobs (first in first serve when they are listed online).

i was spending as much time online trying to get the work as i was actually doing.

that said - it was good fun and i was making around $3-400/mth worth of fees and products. some people i know were making over $1000 but that was their nearly full time job. one of the shoppers was a travelling salesman thruout nsw and vic, so he picked up a massive amount of jobs for out of the way places.

most of the shops required you to buy a specific product, then you'd get reimbursed for that product and a small fee on top ... i like the wine shop ones! got sick of golden arches, deep fried chicken and pizza after a while tho.

The other thing is yadreamin, they generally want the average consumer type person. i.e. Not me.

- People who buy/rent CDs/DVDs and don't download them.
- People who listen to commercial radio, including the million+1 ads.
- People who upgrade their phone every 12 months.

I am signed up for Pureprofile, and get a range of surveys - some weeks none, others a couple ranging in payment from a few cents to a few dollars, occassionaly some pay $20-$30 provided you fit the profile. Ususally they only take 5 or 10 minutes max, so you can easily do them while surfing the net (The more you are paid the longer they usually go for)

It adds up over time and on average I'd transfer $100-$150 to my account per year - which isn't too bad for something that doesn't require face to face interaction and generally isn't time consuming.

Cheers
Buddybee

I do these through Pureprofile too - seem to average around $50 every 4-6 weeks lately & as Buddybee says its not time consuming & they dont require much more effort than clicking a few boxes. I tend to do them in between looking at other sites so its no big deal really. The number of surveys coming my way varies - I seem to have lots all at once & build up some $ pretty quickly then nothing for a few days to a week.
I used to redeem the $ for fuel cards but now you can get cash.
We just treat this a few extra $ every now & again.

Cheers
Stella

Back